New core team member: TJ Fontaine

Isaac Schlueter

Apr 30, 2013, 6:26:45 PM4/30/13
to nodejs
I am delighted to announce an addition to the Node core team.

TJ Fontaine (tjfontaine) is a Joyent employee who's been working to
build up our CI infrastructure. He's also been very actively involved
in tracking down rather hairy bugs in some of Node's grimiest areas,
and is often one of the first to raise alarms when tests break. In
the last few months, his robot slaves (including the MI6 bot you've
probably seen in IRC) have made enormous improvements to the Node core
project, and provided a lot of added visibility, especially for pull
requests, and the ever-frustrating "works on my machine" bugs. Moving
forward, I expect to see great things in the form of automated nightly
builds, releases, and other "grown up software project" features.

The core team is now:

"Bert Belder" <bertb...@gmail.com>
"Ben Noordhuis" <in...@bnoordhuis.nl>
"Fedor Indutny" <fedor....@gmail.com>
"Isaac Schlueter" <i...@izs.me>
"Nathan Rajlich" <nat...@tootallnate.net>
"Scott Blomquist" <sb...@microsoft.com>
"TJ Fontaine" <tjfon...@gmail.com>

Node keeps growing because of the people who put in their time to work
on it. It would not be possible without all of you. Thank you very
much :)

George Snelling

May 1, 2013, 12:26:09 AM5/1/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com, i...@izs.me
Congratulations TJ!

Deep thanks from the entire community to node core emeriti Felix, Igor, Koichi, Paul, and especially Ryan.

-g

Arunoda Susiripala

May 1, 2013, 12:29:53 AM5/1/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Congrats.

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

Arunoda Susiripala

Floby

May 1, 2013, 8:22:33 AM5/1/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com, i...@izs.me
Yay \o/ I like the "grown up software project" formula.