Node JS hosting service in Europe

remi_grumeau

Oct 8, 2012, 1:39:59 PM10/8/12
to nodejs
Hi!

I'm new to Node, yet doing a lot of JS client-side (no JQuery, real
JS) and i'm looking to develop an app using Node. Main idea is to get
interactions from a mobile phone to control something on a distant
screen.
To do so, i've done a few tests using PubNub service & it's actually
pretty easy to use, prices are low so i'm pretty fine with it. The
thing is PubNub is in California & my app will be used mostly by
western european people.
So i'm looking for the same kind of ready-to-use service like PubNub
is, but hosted in Europe so it may be even quicker (i assume).

Any idea?

Thx a lot!
Remi

Karl

Oct 9, 2012, 1:26:19 AM10/9/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Don't know what Pubnub does but low cost hosters in Europe are OVH (France,"kimserve" range) and 1and1 (also "1und1", Germany, wait for special offers), I had/have smallish dedicated root servers from them and they seem ok for bandwidth and performance.

Shripad K

Oct 9, 2012, 2:19:49 AM10/9/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I'll be hosting one pretty soon (by end of this week). It will be hosted in Cloudsigma (Zurich). Will ping you when I push the app into production.

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

greelgorke

Oct 9, 2012, 3:43:12 AM10/9/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
microsoft does node.js PaaS hosting in europe too, joyent also

Jake Verbaten

Jan 7, 2013, 3:18:47 PM1/7/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com
+1 for joyent (amsterdam data center). It's not cheap though.

It should also be noted that pubnub has servers in ireland.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Régis FOUCAULT <regisf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

Ask a beta access to clever-cloud.com.

Regards,

Régis

Le dimanche 6 janvier 2013 17:35:17 UTC+1, Daniel Vincent a écrit :
Hi Remi

Appfog is pretty good - www.appfog.com - and it has a free plan.

regards

daniel