Anyone Tried Mojito?

P. Douglas Reeder

May 13, 2012, 2:41:46 PM5/13/12
to nodejs
Mojito appears to be Node plus YUI Widgets plus some extra stuff
supporting (among other things) HTML generation on the server for
search engines and dumbphones.

Can anyone comment on how it stacks up to other architectures for
node?

Renaud Waldura

May 15, 2012, 6:11:48 PM5/15/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I like your summary of Mojito -- bit of the pithy side, but it's pretty close.

How does it compare to other frameworks? It's unique in that it's the first (and, to the best of my knowledge, still the only) MVC application framework targeting both mobile and traditional Web apps. Apps that can work on the client, OR on the server too. You can read more about why we're doing this at http://yhoo.it/co-sns and http://yhoo.it/mojoss .

Who's using Mojito today? A lot of Yahoo projects: Livestand (tablet), http://fantasyfinance.yahoo.com , etc. We're seeing interest by other companies building HTML5 applications: Paypal, CBS, LinkedIn.
Maybe you?

Get Mojito, and get involved, at http://github.com/yahoo/mojito.

hisham muteb

May 16, 2012, 4:03:52 PM5/16/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
also you can use YUI at the client and server side and support  internationalization, testing, and building documentation.
for more info read the Mojito Introduction http://developer.yahoo.com/cocktails/mojito/
and Mojito Quick Start http://developer.yahoo.com/cocktails/mojito/docs/quickstart/

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

John Engstrom

May 18, 2012, 3:30:15 PM5/18/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Mojito is a great choice for enterprise customers building software that must be deployed across many devices/locales/channel/servers/etc. Basically, if you want a solid MVC framework to build software for planetary-wide distribution, this is an viable option.  You need to be willing to drink the full cup YUI Koolaid!

It has the ability to sort of intelligently move the processing of your app back and forth between the client and server depending on what would provide the best experience (server-side or client-side rendering, or  a combination of both).  It’s a pattern you will see more and more, and I’m not sure Mojito solves it’s problems in a way that is terse or elegant, but it gives you something to play with as you learn these new patterns of writing web software.

That said, the actual script you type does not appear to be as elegant as, say, Backbone; however, at a certain scale, all that suck goes away and the benefits become manifold.