Building a video server with nodejs

jg

Mar 4, 2010, 11:41:04 AM3/4/10
to nodejs
Has anyone thought of building a video server with nodejs? Perhaps to
serve streaming flvs and other video formats?

billywhizz

Mar 4, 2010, 12:18:10 PM3/4/10
to nodejs
have a look at my code here: http://github.com/billywhizz/scratch. i
knocked it together a good while back and haven't updated for latest
node releases, but it's got the beginnings of a youtube downloader and
flv stream server in there if you have a dig...

Marak Squires

Mar 4, 2010, 12:27:23 PM3/4/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I've been talking to a few people about building a RTMP library for node.js. Unfortunately, I haven't really met anyone who is good enough to pull it off.

Ryan Dahl

Mar 4, 2010, 12:47:57 PM3/4/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Marak Squires <marak....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been talking to a few people about building a RTMP library for
> node.js. Unfortunately, I haven't really met anyone who is good enough to
> pull it off.
> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/

I suspect to do this, node needs better throttling. (Working on it!)

Michael J. I. Jackson

Mar 4, 2010, 3:18:28 PM3/4/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
It's not Node, but Nginx has a streaming FLV module. It looks like it's not very complete yet though.

--
Michael J. I. Jackson
http://mjijackson.com/

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM, jg <guerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone thought of building a video server with nodejs? Perhaps to
serve streaming flvs and other video formats?

Marak Squires

Mar 4, 2010, 3:25:02 PM3/4/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I mean being able to seek through an FLV is a very small subset of what the RTMP protocol can offer.

The best open-source server right now is http://osflash.org/red5

BruNeX

Mar 4, 2010, 8:37:50 PM3/4/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
@Marak

Sorry disagreeing you, but i think that erlyvideo a Erlang RTMP server(http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo) its much better than red5 but are just my 2cent's...

i would love to see a RTMP server in top of nodeJS! :)