node 0.6.17 TypeErrors at http.js:1163

Subbu Allamaraju

May 7, 2012, 1:33:04 AM5/7/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just upgraded from 0.6.16 to 0.6.17, and I'm noticing some new messages pop up when I'm running some stress tests that introduce some network delays and failures. I don't have an isolated case yet, but it seems to indicate some out of order handling between errorListener and closeListener in http.js. The error does not occur in 0.6.16. Has anyone seen similar behavior?

Subbu

TypeError: Cannot call method 'emit' of null
at Socket.<anonymous> (http.js:1163:11)
at Socket.emit (events.js:67:17)
at Array.1 (net.js:301:14)
at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:192:40)
error: TypeError: Cannot call method 'emit' of null
error: TypeError: Cannot call method 'emit' of null
at Socket.<anonymous> (http.js:1163:11)
at Socket.emit (events.js:67:17)
at Array.1 (net.js:301:14)
at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:192:40)
TypeError: Cannot call method 'emit' of null
at Socket.<anonymous> (http.js:1163:11)
at Socket.emit (events.js:67:17)
at Array.1 (net.js:301:14)
at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:192:40)

Ben Noordhuis

May 7, 2012, 10:43:23 AM5/7/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear. We fixed a couple of memory leaks / object leaks in 0.6.17
but it looks like we introduced some regressions. Can you open an
issue? Thanks.

Subbu Allamaraju

May 7, 2012, 11:20:36 AM5/7/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Here is my test client.

var clientReq = http.request(options, function (clientRes) {
});
clientReq.setTimeout(1000, function () {
clientReq.connection.destroy();
});

Destroying the socket during the timeout causes this error. I will open an issue.

Subbu
> --
> Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Isaac Schlueter

May 7, 2012, 9:43:18 PM5/7/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Fixed on v0.6 branch. It'll be updated in the next release.