What the hell is travis4all?

Marcel Laverdet

Aug 23, 2012, 5:35:55 AM8/23/12
to nodejs
Did anyone just get a kind of spammy pull request on github from "travis4all"?

https://github.com/travis4all 1,334 repos and counting. Is this just a bot that is going through github and issuing automatic pull requests for all nodejs projects or what?

Arnout Kazemier

Aug 23, 2012, 5:40:17 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
It's using the NPM registery in alphabetical order as all forked repo's have a package.json with a repository field.

Marak Squires

Aug 23, 2012, 5:44:08 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering why Github sent me 50 emails today all starting with "Hello, ladies..."

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Rob Ashton

Aug 23, 2012, 5:44:53 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if troll or...

Oliver Leics

Aug 23, 2012, 5:48:33 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
What the f.. Who is responsible for that?
Oliver Leics @ G+
https://plus.google.com/112912441146721682527

Arnout Kazemier

Aug 23, 2012, 5:51:54 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Oh btw, you can just block that user by clicking on the cog next to +follow

On Thursday 23 August 2012 at 11:35, Marcel Laverdet wrote:

Did anyone just get a kind of spammy pull request on github from "travis4all"?

https://github.com/travis4all 1,334 repos and counting. Is this just a bot that is going through github and issuing automatic pull requests for all nodejs projects or what?

Martin Wawrusch

Aug 23, 2012, 9:09:09 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
It is one smart way of growth-hacking. I would not consider it spammy.

Arnout Kazemier

Aug 23, 2012, 9:11:49 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
If you have access to 50+ repositories, it becomes spammy quite quickly..

--
Arnout Kazemier
Sent with Sparrow

Dominic Tarr

Aug 23, 2012, 11:09:15 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
He is trying to do a good thing, he's just not doing it in a good way.

A better way, would be to make a command line tool that let you
quickly add travis to a module, and then let you use it as you choose.

And maybe made ONE PR to your most recently updated module (not ones
you havn't touched in months)

And also, to provide an email so that people can give you feedback,
and to open source the bot so the people can fix problems like,
check whether or not the module in question actually has tests.

Murilo

Aug 23, 2012, 11:12:12 AM8/23/12
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I wish I've seen this thread earlier today.

Via purgativa et illuminativa.
Message has been deleted