Browser authentication required dialog

Jordi Cabeza

Apr 17, 2015, 4:05:35 AM4/17/15
to nightw...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I'd like to know if there is any other way in nightwatch to deal with the http basic authentication than use http://username:password@url because it does not always work and the tests sometimes keep running forever waiting the credentials in the dialog opened by the browser.

Regards,
Jordi

N B

Jun 29, 2015, 5:23:56 PM6/29/15
to nightw...@googlegroups.com
+1

Sheikh Faisal Miskhat

Jul 2, 2015, 8:29:21 AM7/2/15
to nightw...@googlegroups.com
I am also facing the same problem :(

Is it a limitation now?

Thanks & Regards,
Faisal

GrayedFox

Jul 3, 2015, 11:19:55 AM7/3/15
to nightw...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here, although I thought the "username" and "access_key" variables declared in the nightwatch.json were supposed to be used for basic auth. Mine are not.

GrayedFox

Jul 6, 2015, 9:29:48 AM7/6/15
to nightw...@googlegroups.com
Replying to my own post before - please don't confuse the username and access_key vars as 'basic auth' ones. They are selenium based authenticators which can optionally be used for authenticating against cloud solutions. Best solution for basic auth is the good old URL way. Try:
```
browser.url('https://' + userName + ':' + password + '@' + yourUrl)
```

Brady Walker

Jun 20, 2016, 6:21:10 PM6/20/16
to NightwatchJs
Unfortunately the URL solution won't work for IE so I'm back to square one and can't figure out how to get past it.

Che Fisher

Jun 21, 2016, 2:32:37 AM6/21/16
to nightw...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried encoding the username and password to Base64 and attaching it as the required auth header?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

Che Fisher

Quality Assurance Test Engineer @ Glispa GmbH
m: +49 176 4566 3935

appyG

Sep 2, 2017, 9:43:59 PM9/2/17
to NightwatchJs
Hi Folks,

I am facing a similar hurdle and wondering if any one got past this kind of browser authentication.
Tried `http://username:password@url` but didnt work for me.
Any other way?
Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Arpitha

Leo

Apr 30, 2019, 7:16:23 PM4/30/19
to NightwatchJs
Hi guys, any solution to this issue? None of the mentioned worked for me.

Thanks,
Leo