NHibernate 3.3.0.GA released

Oskar Berggren

Apr 21, 2012, 2:30:05 PM4/21/12
to nhu...@googlegroups.com, nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
NHibernate 3.3.0.GA is now available for download from Sourceforge.
Nuget will be updated as soon as possible.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nhibernate/?source=directory

A big thanks to everyone that's contributed to this release!

Summary of changes:

* Many improvements to the LINQ provider to extend the set of queries which
it can handle.

* Introduction of the "enhanced" family of id generators. These can be backed
by either a sequence or a table, have built in support for tracking several
id series in the same table, and share a common set of optimizers, which
implement e.g. HiLo or Pooled algorithms.

* Some new abilities in Mapping-By-Code.

* And a nice batch of bug fixes in other areas.

** Known BREAKING CHANGES from NH3.2.0.GA to NH3.3.0.GA

##### Possible Breaking Changes #####
* [NH-2214] - SQL Server 2005/2008: Exception is now thrown
when paging a statement that requires distinct results, and is ordered
by a column that is not included in the result set of the query
- Dialog.ExtractColumnOrAliasNames method
signature and visibility changed - may affect custom dialects that use
this method
* [NH-2950] - IAccessCallback.NextValue property renamed and
changed to a method called IAccessCallback.GetNextValue()
* [NH-2953] - SequenceStyleGenerator now forces use of a table
if a pooled optimizer is chosen and the dialect doesn't support pooled
sequences.
* [NH-2960] - Queries for an entity name will now not include
instances of the same class mapped using a different entity name.
* [NH-2664] - IHqlExpressionVisitor has new property
ISessionFactory SessionFactory { get; }
* [NH-3067] - The use of Substring() in Linq queries have been
corrected so the zero-based index parameter in C# is converted to
one-based index in SQL.
* [NH-2528] - Throw exception instead of silently truncate
string and blob data
* [NH-3086] - The base dialect now defaults to ANSI syntax for
substring. A custom dialect may need to adjust for this.

Full list of changes:
[3.3.0CR1] https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=10540
[3.3.0GA] https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=10840

/Oskar

Oskar Berggren

Apr 21, 2012, 2:45:15 PM4/21/12
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Den 21 april 2012 20:30 skrev Oskar Berggren <oskar.b...@gmail.com>:
> NHibernate 3.3.0.GA is now available for download from Sourceforge.
> Nuget will be updated as soon as possible.

Julian (or anyone?), can you take care of nuget and the documentation please?

It would also be great if someone could update nhforge as soon as possible.

/Oskar

Darren Kopp

Apr 21, 2012, 3:25:40 PM4/21/12
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com, nhu...@googlegroups.com
can you upload to github downloads as well? Whenever I go to look for latest version of something, I go see if there have been recent commits (on github), and then check downloads. Also, GH downloads is better experience than SF.

Julian Maughan

Apr 21, 2012, 11:35:33 PM4/21/12
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the NHForge home page and documentation :)