can't dwonload nextflow io from my Ubuntu14.04

Issa Kehinde

Sep 3, 2018, 8:06:55 AM9/3/18
to Nextflow
Hi,

Can someone help me out, I am new to nextflow and I have been trying to install it on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. On issuing the command from the terminal "curl -s https://get.nextflow.io | bash "   nothing happen. I have check my system I have curl installed and up to date. I tried this other cmd " wget --no-check-certificate https://get.nextflow.io -O nextflow-install bash nextflow-install"  and I received the error "connecting to 172.20.4.1:8080... failed connection time out.

I have been on this for some days now, Someone should please help out.

Thanks!

Paolo Di Tommaso

Sep 3, 2018, 8:35:12 AM9/3/18
to nextflow
That IP address, ie 172.20.4.1:8080, makes me think you are behind a firewall and there's some problem with that.

Can you check with your sysadmins?

In any case you can also download if from GitHub at this link

Hope it helps