Sussex County 9/11 Memorial Ceremony

Chief M Richards

Aug 31, 2017, 12:17:14 PM8/31/17
to newt...@googlegroups.com

PRESS RELEASE
SUSSEX COUNTY PBA Local #138
P.O. Box 520
Andover, N.J. 07821

SUSSEX COUNTY 9/11 Memorial
MON

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE---August 31, 2017

9/11 Remembrance Ceremony to Be Held at SCCC on Sept. 11th

A ceremony remembering the 16th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks will be held at Sussex County Community College (SCCC) in Newton on Monday September 11th at 9 am at the College’s 9/11 Memorial on the Connor Green.

Residents and college students are invited to attend the annual ceremony where each year we join with hundreds of other communities across America in remembrance and prayer.  We will gather and reflect upon the innocent lives of those that were killed; we will pay solemn tribute to those that heroically sacrificed their own lives to save thousands of others; and, we’ll remember all those that helped in the rescue-recovery efforts that followed at Ground Zero.

The Sheriff’s Honor Guard as well as area Police, Fire and EMS first responders will be in attendance.  Local vocalists and bagpipers will also bring their talents to the remembrance ceremony.

The 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony is an annual event organized at SCCC by members of the Sussex County PBA Local #138.  For more information on the ceremony, please contact Ptl. Mahir Kaylani or Ptl. Edward Sperling at the Newton Police Dept. (973)383-2525.

911 2017 Flier.jpg
image001.emz