How is the toilet paper supposed to be placed?

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)

- L. M.

Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
address to ensure I receive your message
if you decide to send it through E-mail.
I hate spam.

--
==== Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===
news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet

physgrad

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)

Are you a newuser of toilet paper?

(please see group name)

--
Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet

HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test

The moderators append this notice to each posted article; It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct

Kacee

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

physgrad wrote:

> lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:
> >
> > How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> > character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> > with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>
> Are you a newuser of toilet paper?
>
> (please see group name)
>
> --
> == Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===

> news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet
> HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
> SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
> SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
> PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
> TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test
> ==== The moderators append this notice to each posted article; ======
> ==== It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct ======
Assuming you are, and you have been using leaves, etc. in the past....I
would think that the most "user friendly" layout would be to tear each
sheet individually off the roll and sprinkle it about on the bathroom
floor. :-)

Nick

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998 02:32:01 GMT, in news.newusers.questions,
lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

>How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
>character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
>with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)

This newsgroup, news.newusers.questions, is for new user questions about
Usenet and the Internet.

It's not a good place to look for help with the installation and use of
toilet paper.

I'd suggest using the DejaNews Interest Finder to look for newsgroups that
are more appropriate to your interests.

Also, you might want to try one of the web search engines, such as Excite
or Hot Bot, to see if someone has put the information you need on a web
page.

--
Nick <mailto:tans...@pobox.com>

If you have questions about your Internet account or your Internet
Service Provider (ISP): please contact your ISP's Help Desk, ask in
a newsgroup that is specifically for your ISP, or check the ISP's
web site for information.

Robert Avery Hornberg

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>
> - L. M.
>
> Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
> address to ensure I receive your message
> if you decide to send it through E-mail.
> I hate spam.
-------------
If you have a cat, you'll soon find out which is the best way!
--
Cheers,
BobH

Carl Maiershofer

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>
> - L. M.
>
> Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
> address to ensure I receive your message
> if you decide to send it through E-mail.
> I hate spam.
>
> --
> ==== Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===

> news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet
> HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
> SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
> SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
> PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
> TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test
> ====== The moderators append this notice to each posted article; ======
> ====== It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct ======
Depends on amount of RAM you're carrying.

Franklin Drucker

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>
> - L. M.

Marriages have faltered on this fundamental question.
Frank
--
Don't lose your grip! Franklin Drucker, M. D.
Hold on tight, %%%%% Forensic Psychiatry

Ali Munif SEDEN

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

Very good question. Actually the debate still goes on, and it's a
heated one!

You have a chance to read what others had to say on the
topic and then vote:

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~mineart/index.html

1) Click on the toilet paper icon.
2) Scroll to the bottom.
3) Click on "Enter the Great Toilet Paper Debate" to vote.
4) Click on "The Great Toilet Paper Debate Results" to read what others
had to say on the topic. (LONG - 1092K)

I tried Dogpile, Alta Vista, and Yahoo for this one. Started with
keyword searches in Dogpile, switched to Alta Vista. There I
found an interesting looking link to Yahoo, and this one came up.
There are several other similar pages. Try your own search now. :)

AMS

--
==== Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===

news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet
HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test

====== The moderators append this notice to each posted article; ======
====== It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct ======

Cipher

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

In article <EM32v...@presby.edu> , lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam
writes:
> How is the toilet paper supposed to be placed?

Nice troll. I give you points for originality and style. Not a lot of
points, mind you, but a few....

Wanna play with the big boys and girls? See if you're ready for the bigs?

Cipher/Member news.newusers.questions Moderation Board
Visit my Mac help site at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/4404/
PGP Public Key available at my website

Burton A. Zipser

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

The choice of which way to place a roll of toilet paper is purely
personal, based upon your own culture, preference, whether or not you are
right- or left-handed, and whether you are in the Northern or Southern
Hemispheres.

Alan Lichtenstein

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>
> - L. M.
>
> Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
> address to ensure I receive your message
> if you decide to send it through E-mail.
> I hate spam.

which ever way it wipes up best

--
Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet

HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test

The moderators append this notice to each posted article; It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct

Robert Avery Hornberg

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

Burton A. Zipser wrote:

> The choice of which way to place a roll of toilet paper is purely
> personal, based upon your own culture, preference, whether or not you are
> right- or left-handed, and whether you are in the Northern or Southern
> Hemispheres.

AND, whether or not you have a cat!

--
Cheers,
BobH
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
"And how well they know it!" -- Robert Avery Hornberg

--
==== Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===

news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet
HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test

====== The moderators append this notice to each posted article; ======
====== It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct ======

Vyika

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

Alan Lichtenstein wrote:

> lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:
> >
> > How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
> > character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,
> > with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
> >
> > - L. M.
> >
> > Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
> > address to ensure I receive your message
> > if you decide to send it through E-mail.
> > I hate spam.
> >
> which ever way it wipes up best
>
> --
Well, it also depends upon whether you have cats or small children in
your family.

Kittens LOVE to grab the end of the paper and run. So then you mount the
roll in a figure 9 orientation to minimize their ability to grasp it.
The same with pesky little kids.

Vyika

--
Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet

HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test

The moderators append this notice to each posted article; It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct

Phil Casimiri

Jan 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/3/98

lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:

> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it
> like this
> character, ó, with the paper extending from the top or like this
> letter, Q,
> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>
> - L. M.
>
> Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
> address to ensure I receive your message
> if you decide to send it through E-mail.
> I hate spam.

Search DejaNews (http://www.dejanews.com) or Alta Vista
(http://www.altavista.digital.com) for the correct NewsGroup.
news:news.newusers.questions is for questions & answers of Internet
and/or computer realated questions only. NOT TOILET PAPER.

(posted and emailed)

--
-bear aka Casimiri (? bear ¿) -UIN Number (ICQ): 337312
Pager: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/337312

MiChAeL@

Jan 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/3/98

Robert Avery Hornberg wrote:

> Burton A. Zipser wrote:
> >
> > The choice of which way to place a roll of toilet paper is purely
> > personal, based upon your own culture, preference, whether or not you are
> > right- or left-handed, and whether you are in the Northern or Southern
> > Hemispheres.
> >
> AND, whether or not you have a cat!

LOL!! Hehe, I prefer it coming off the front of the roll, no telling
how much dust and other stuff is on the wall behind the paper that I
never clean:)

--
==== Please DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying! ===

news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet
HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test

====== The moderators append this notice to each posted article; ======
====== It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct ======

anthony robertson

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

In article <EM50w...@presby.edu>, Alan Lichtenstein
<alicht...@erols.com> writes

>lsm...@uky.campus.mci.net-nospam wrote:
>>
>> How is the toilet roll supposed to be placed on the cylinder? Is it like this
>> character, , with the paper extending from the top or like this letter, Q,

>> with the paper extending from the bottom? I MUST know. ;-)
>>
>> - L. M.
>>
>> Remove the "-nospam" from my E-mail
>> address to ensure I receive your message
>> if you decide to send it through E-mail.
>> I hate spam.
>>
>which ever way it wipes up best
>
>--
>lease DELETE This Line and Everything Below It When Replying!
>news.newusers.questions is for questions and answers about the Internet
>HELP FILES AND POLICY: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/8211/
> SOCIALIZE with others in: news:alt.test.hello-world / news:soc.misc
> SEARCH FOR NEWSGROUPS at: http://www.dejanews.com/
> PENPALS can be discovered in: news:soc.penpals
> TESTS should only be posted to: news:misc.test / news:alt.test
> The moderators append this notice to each posted article;
> It does not imply that the article is on topic or correct

come on you lot get a life, there are a lot more interesting things to
discuss, and if you can't make up your own minds then use some from a
box or tear each piece up and put them in a pile or something then you
have not got to stain that brain.
--
anthony robertson