Wav files play only once

George Yoman

Jul 29, 2008, 10:41:11 AM7/29/08
to NewAC users
Hi,

I am trying to play some .wav files with the NewAC components and so
far it seems to only be partly working. The first time I play a file
with TDXAudioOut.Run, it plays the assigned file, but then if I try
and play another file (or even the same file again), it will not
work. It raises the OnDone event as soon as you press play.

I am using the example code in the audio player demo, and the same
thing happens when I test the demo program - it plays the first file I
feed it, but then nothing after that.

Could it be some kind of wrong setup on my computer? I'm runnign
Vista 32 bit with Delphi 2007. Not sure what to do.

Thanks for your time,

George.

Andrei Borovsky

Jul 29, 2008, 12:02:00 PM7/29/08
to newac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> The first time I play a file
> with TDXAudioOut.Run, it plays the assigned file, but then if I try
> and play another file (or even the same file again), it will not
> work. It raises the OnDone event as soon as you press play.

You can play a new file only after the previous one is finished or has been
stopped. OnDone event indicates this. Then you have to call Run again to
play new or the same file.

Darko

Jul 31, 2008, 4:06:12 AM7/31/08
to NewAC users
Hello,

I have the same problem. Audio file is played only once (on
repeated .Run
calls. Same problem is present in all original demo programs. When I
click
play button, then file plays only first time, but not on repeated play
clicks.).
I'm also using WinVista 32bit and Delphi 2007 (updated) on dualcore
CPU.
(Toshiba satellite X200 21K laptop, with internal Realtek sound card
and
additional RME fireface 800 sound card drivers installed, but HW is
currently
not connected)

I'm also trying simply pass DXInput signal to DXOutput for first
simple
tests of components and for me it is not working.
I'm calling only DXOutput.Run command while DXInput is assigned to
DXOutput as input. Is anything else necesary to do?
(I have correct devices chosen, with supported samplerate and
bitwidth)

Thank you for your great work, and I'm looking forward to your
answer :)

Darko

Andrei Borovsky

Jul 31, 2008, 7:03:51 AM7/31/08
to newac...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys but I just cannot recreate this situation.
I also use Vista and D 2007, and everything works as it should.
Do you call Run after OnDone event?
What does TAuOutput.ExceptionMessage property contain when OnDone is fired?
What happens if you call OnDone again?

Regards,
Andrei

globals...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2008, 7:16:38 AM7/31/08
to NewAC users

It works also ok overhere.
Running Vista and RAD 2007.

Give us your code and maybe we locate the problem.

Darko

Jul 31, 2008, 9:14:33 AM7/31/08
to NewAC users
Hello,

I checked example on my other laptop computer WinXP sp3 D2007 and
problem remains the same...
Maybe there is some conflict with some other component, because I have
essentially the same components installed on both computers, but
question remains why file plays OK for the first time...

I have TMS components pack, JVCL components pack, LMD components
pack, DelphiX, MadExcept, and many other components installed
(too many to mention them all)

Please tell me what to do next. Maybe you can send me compiled
examle of AudioPlayer so I can test where is catch.

Greetings, Darko

Darko

Jul 31, 2008, 8:14:20 AM7/31/08
to NewAC users
Hello,

I have same problem with any example that plays file.

If I open and run compiled Audio Player example without modifying the
code
and add one Mp3 or wav (chord.wav from win folder) file to PlayList
and play
it then file is not played at all when I press play again. (Same
happens if I load
Mp3 file and press stop in the middle)
If I add any other file it is not played until I restart example...

I checked and AuOutput.ExceptionMessage is empty on done event.

I'll try to compile example on my other laptop WinXP computer and I'll
let you know
of result.

Greetings, Darko

globals...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2008, 11:51:39 AM7/31/08
to NewAC users
Please post your code here so we can take a look at it.
Very probably you do not stop/free the previous cycle.

Andrei Borovsky

Jul 31, 2008, 12:11:21 PM7/31/08
to newac...@googlegroups.com

> Please post your code here so we can take a look at it.
> Very probably you do not stop/free the previous cycle.

He says he is having problems with the AudioPlayer demo (that comes with the
package) and other demos. These have been tested thousands times by hundreds
of people using NewAC with Vista and Delpih 2007 (including me, of course).
No one complained of such a blunder before. You can check the demos for
yourself if you haven't done so already. I think the problem is somewhere in
his system, not in NewAC. Anyway we cannot fix a bug that just doesn't occur
on our systems.

globals...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2008, 3:14:00 AM8/1/08
to NewAC users

> I have TMS components pack, JVCL components pack, LMD components
> pack, DelphiX, MadExcept, and many other components installed
> (too many to mention them all)

BTW It's also very (very very very) unlikely other componentpacks do
interfere in some way with NewAC.

andrei....@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2008, 4:19:38 PM8/1/08
to NewAC users
I'M SORRY!!!
Yes, this bug - that I denied so firmly - did exist. I fixed it now.
please, download updated ACS_Classes.pas and check it.

Darko

Aug 3, 2008, 5:09:31 AM8/3/08
to NewAC users
Hello,