Impossible connect to Netzer after web factory reset

Javier Herrero de la Cal

Sep 18, 2014, 12:29:15 PM9/18/14
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yesterday I made a factory reset from the browser and I have not being able to connect to Netzer anymore. I have tried to connect to 192.168.0.10. I have placed the resistor and after it, the leds switch off and then the board seems to start again, but anyway I cannot connect to any IP. I have used IP Ultra Scan to try to find its IP from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 using my IP as 192.168.0.3 and I cannot find anything.

I am connecting the board with a switch, in a local network I have created, but without any router, just a switch where I connect the board and my computer.

I do not know what else I can do. The board is place into a more complex system and if possible I do not want to load any firmware etc. because in fact, in my current location I have not the ICD programmer.

Could anybody help with this problem asap? Unfortunately it is urgent becuse I am showing a project to my customer and we use Netzer/PRO to get information about how our system works... and now I am stopped because of this.

Best!

Sven Schlender

Sep 18, 2014, 1:15:56 PM9/18/14
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Javier,

> Yesterday I made a factory reset from the browser and I have not being able to connect to Netzer anymore. I have tried to connect to 192.168.0.10. I have placed the resistor and after it, the leds
> switch off and then the board seems to start again, but anyway I cannot connect to any IP. I have used IP Ultra Scan to try to find its IP from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 using my IP as 192.168.0.3
> and I cannot find anything.

After doing a factory reset the IP of the Netzer is not one from 192.168 network. Netzer tries to get IP address from DHCP server. If there is none the AutoIP algorithm chooses one from the 169.254. network. You should be able to find Netzer with MDNS than. Look here for more details: http://www.mobacon.de/wiki/doku.php/en/netzer/start#ip-address

Sven

Javier Herrero de la Cal

Sep 18, 2014, 1:37:21 PM9/18/14
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sven. Yes, you are right. I have connected it to a router and then the router has assigned the IP 192.168.1.2 and then I have found it very easily. Thanks a lot for your help!!!