Getting FileNotFoundException NetTopologySuite.IO.ShapeFile, Version=1.13.3.0

Patxin A.

Aug 28, 2014, 3:39:56 AM8/28/14
to nettopol...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

I have a Visual Studio 2013 'sandbox' project for testing purpose. My target Framework is '.NET Framework 4'. I have downloaded via Nuget the following packages (latest realeases): NetTopologySuite (1.13.3), NetTopologySuite (1.13.3) and GeoAPI(1.7.3).

As I have mentioned, my code is really simple. It's just a console application with the following code in main method:

   class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            NetTopologySuite.Geometries.GeometryFactory factory = new NetTopologySuite.Geometries.GeometryFactory();
            NetTopologySuite.IO.ShapefileReader shpReader = new NetTopologySuite.IO.ShapefileReader(@"C:\blabla\Desktop\TEST_040009642014.shp", factory);
            GeoAPI.Geometries.IGeometryCollection geometries = shpReader.ReadAll();
        }
    }

It compiles well but I get the following exception when trying to run the second sentence (ShapeFileReader constructor):

No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'NetTopologySuite.IO.ShapeFile, Version=1.13.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f580a05016ebada1' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.

Which in english is:

Could not load file or assembly 'NetTopologySuite.IO.ShapeFile, Version=1.13.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f580a05016ebada1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

As far as I know, there is no NetTopologySuite.IO.ShapeFile.dll and I am going crazy to figure out the problem. Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Diego Guidi

Aug 28, 2014, 4:11:05 AM8/28/14
to nettopol...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm your issue. Let me see what't happens.

Diego Guidi

Diego Guidi

Aug 28, 2014, 4:11:51 AM8/28/14
to nettopol...@googlegroups.com
ok nuget package broken: a dependency is missing :(

Diego Guidi

Patxin A.

Aug 28, 2014, 4:25:56 AM8/28/14
to nettopol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego, thanks for your prompt response.

So my next question would be: what can I do now? Is there any workaround?

Diego Guidi

Aug 28, 2014, 4:37:04 AM8/28/14
to nettopol...@googlegroups.com
as an immediate workaroud, you can download the package files from
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2rsw4ikqmh9ZjNKYTdxU21RWHc&usp=sharing
and copy manually the missing file.

we should fix the nuget package at soon as possible.

Diego Guidi

Diego Guidi

Aug 28, 2014, 11:21:16 AM8/28/14

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:37:04 AM UTC+2, Diego Guidi wrote:
we should fix the nuget package at soon as possible.

issue fixed  hope to upload the new package ASAP