Groups empty 6.5 b3

Graham Wilson

Feb 10, 2014, 8:03:47 AM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
How should I report this? After upgrade from 6.4b2 to 6.5b3, the Groups are empty.

I apologise if this is known - I searched first and did not find anything.

Screenshot attached.

Screenshotgroups.png

Giacomo Sanchietti

Feb 10, 2014, 8:16:14 AM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gram,

> How should I report this? After upgrade from 6.4b2 to 6.5b3, the Groups
> are empty.

you're asking in right place :)

I just checked our repositories and all looks fine (the yum group file
is present in http://pulp.nethesis.it/nethserver/6.5/base/x86_64/repodata/)

It's probably a yum metadata cache problem.
Try to execute this command from command line:

yum clean all

And then reload the web page.

Let me know if workaround fixes the problem.

Giacomo

Graham Wilson

Feb 10, 2014, 9:24:29 AM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Ok, ran the command yum clean all

Flushed my browser cache, reloaded the page Package manager -> Groups is still the same.

It may be my server - there are days it hates me for running stable software - it doesn't get the attention it used to with Windows ;-)

Graham

Davide Principi

Feb 10, 2014, 10:11:41 AM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 06:24 -0800, Graham Wilson wrote:
> Ok, ran the command yum clean all
>

> Flushed my browser cache, reloaded the page Package manager -> Groups
> is still the same.
>

> It may be my server - there are days it hates me for running stable
> software - it doesn't get the attention it used to with Windows ;-)

This is rather puzzling...

The package groups are actually YUM groups. From a root console I have
the following outputs

1) Start from scratch:
# yum clean all
[...]

2) Download repo metadata (this should connect pulp.nethesis.it):
# yum repolist
[...]
repo id repo name status
centos-base CentOS base 6,367
centos-updates CentOS updates 0
nethserver-base NethServer base 273
nethserver-updates NethServer updates 0
repolist: 6,640

3) List groups (sorry for Italian names, I'm trying to fix this Pulp
issue):
# yum grouplist --verbose
[...]
Available Groups:
Amministrazione remota Nethesis (nethesis-remote-admin)
Backup (nethserver-backup)
Email (nethserver-mail)
Fax server (nethserver-fax-server)
File server (nethserver-file-server)
Filtro web (nethserver-web-filter)
Firewall base (nethserver-firewall-base)
Groupware (nethserver-groupware)
Messaggistica istantanea (nethserver-messaging)
Monitoraggio banda (nethserver-bandwidth-monitor)
Proxy web (nethserver-web-proxy)
Server DNS e DHCP (nethserver-dns-dhcp)
Server MySQL (nethserver-mysql)
Server Web (nethserver-web)
Server di stampa (nethserver-printers)
Statistiche (nethserver-statistics)
Supporto UPS (nethserver-nut)
VPN (nethserver-vpn)
[...]

If something does not work, please check if you have a modified version
of /etc/yum.repos.d/NethServer.repo

# rpm -q nethserver-release
nethserver-release-6.5-3.beta3.ns6.noarch

# rpm -Vf /etc/yum.repos.d/NethServer.repo
[nothing here]

If this is your case, the original version can be downloaded from
http://bit.ly/1coLcP2 (code.nethserver.org)

I hope this gives a clue!

--
Davide Principi

Nethesis srl - Pesaro (Italy)

Graham Wilson

Feb 10, 2014, 11:09:58 AM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Ok up until:
# yum grouplist --verbose
Config time: 0.017
Yum Version: 3.2.29
Setting up Group Process
Error: No group data available for configured repositories

I guess that's the problem. I'll figure out how to fix it from your instructions if I can :)

Davide Principi

Feb 10, 2014, 11:56:14 AM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 08:09 -0800, Graham Wilson wrote:

> I guess that's the problem. I'll figure out how to fix it from your
> instructions if I can :)

I think we've found the culprit. If you had installed "Amministrazione
remota Nethesis" group (RPMs yum-cron, ardad, nethserver-register) you
should remove it and fix enabled repositories.

# yum --disableplugin=* remove nethserver-register ardad yum-cron
# eorepo nethserver-{base,updates} centos-{base,updates}
# yum clean all

Thank you Graham Wilson and Luca Gasparini for help solving this!

Graham Wilson

Feb 10, 2014, 1:47:21 PM2/10/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou both for the diagnosis and for telling me how to fix :-)

Frits Huikeshoven

Oct 11, 2014, 4:34:54 PM10/11/14
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Hello all

new to Nethserver, long term user of SME E-Smith

after clean install,

Package manager is empty even after this solution,

sorry for my poor english

Frits