Broke netbox by forcing to HTTPS

Andrew Werbowy

May 13, 2020, 12:50:50 PM5/13/20
to NetBox
Hi, I broke something in my netbox installation.
For security measures I need to use netbox over https.
I am forcing from http to https (rewriting), LDAP authentication and InfoSec team is happy.
However, I noticed two broken functionalities.

1) When I am viewing rack with devices and clicking on the device, normally I would go to details of that device. Right now it kick me back to main landing page. Link to device points to http://netbox.company.com/dcim/devices/35 .

2) When I go to API page, base URL shows as https://netbox.company.com/api,
However, all examples still point to http:// and fail when I try to "Execute"

Have I missed a step in configuration?
Is there a way to fix it so we can use fully in https mode?

Regards,
Andrew

Brian Candler

May 13, 2020, 1:38:54 PM5/13/20
to NetBox
You need to add an extra header in your reverse proxy to tell Netbox to generate https URLs.

For Apache it's:

        RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto "https"

Andrew Werbowy

May 13, 2020, 3:33:31 PM5/13/20
to Brian Candler, NetBox
Thank you  Brian.
It works.

Andrew Werbowy
Senior Network Analyst
Technology Solutions, Telecommunications
Network & Telecom Enterprise Services
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - Toronto
205 Wellington St. W. Toronto, Ontario M5V 3G7
DID: 1-151-2247