Jim Zorn

ji...@scgvaxd.uucp

Nov 25, 1985, 2:16:38 PM11/25/85
A couple of weeks ago I noticed Jim Zorn playing for Green Bay
(3rd string?) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew how
the Packers acquired him from Seattle.

Thanks,

Jim Raisanen

Terry Bermes

Dec 5, 1985, 1:57:38 PM12/5/85

Seattle waived Zorn early in the year and the Packers picked him up.
Now they're interested in Vince Ferragamo (Chicago Tribune, Dec 5 1985).
What is this? Is Green Bay the "washed out quarterback" recycling center?
No smart-ass replies from Bear fans please, life down here as a Packer fan
is already miserable enough.

Whatever happened to developing a quarterback? The Pack has Randy Wright who
will never come around without playing time. At this point, he's the best
chance they have considering the Mossy Cade trade cost them their first round
draft choice and soon he'll be playing on a prison team. Forrest Gregg can't
be afraid of losing because of getting Wright some playing time, the Packers
suck already.
A frustrated Packer fan,
Terry Bermes

je...@hpcnoe.uucp

Dec 6, 1985, 12:00:00 PM12/6/85
> A couple of weeks ago I noticed Jim Zorn playing for Green Bay
> (3rd string?) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew how
> the Packers acquired him from Seattle.

The Seahawks put Zorn on waivers. Zorn cleared waivers because
no one wanted to pay his current salary (including Seattle). Zorn
later made a deal with Green Bay.

-- Jeff Wu