yet ANOTHER Friday the 13th (part V)

Todd Cooper

Mar 11, 1985, 2:29:13 AM3/11/85
I can't believe it!! I just saw a poster for the next in a series of
movies whose ratings by the movie-goers at the box office in $$$ suprises
me. I can not believe there is a part V. (by the way the poster says that
they are going to STILL have Jason in it)

--
---------------------------
Todd Cooper

UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!todd
ARPA: todd%bu-cs...@csnet-relay.arpa

John Labovitz

Mar 13, 1985, 12:10:00 AM3/13/85
> I can't believe it!! I just saw a poster for the next in a series of
> movies whose ratings by the movie-goers at the box office in $$$ suprises
> me. I can not believe there is a part V. (by the way the poster says that
> they are going to STILL have Jason in it)

Yeah, I saw a trailer for this the other day, and when it came on,
the audience laughed all the way through it (once they realized
what it was).... looks awful.

@hnij@
--
John Labovitz

B E Nemeth

Mar 19, 1985, 10:55:01 AM3/19/85
What happened to Friday the 13th part IV???
Then again, who cares!

k. mann

Mar 20, 1985, 10:34:09 AM3/20/85
> What happened to Friday the 13th part IV???
> Then again, who cares!

If you didn't recall Friday the 13th part IV was released
sometime in mid 1984. It followed pert III in 3-D which
probably was the best 3-D special effects I have seen.

Part IV had a little boy slashing Jason to pieces at the end.
The very last scene in part IV had the little boy
in the hospital, hugging his surviving sister with the
strangest look. Now guess who is the killer, none
only than Jason, junior?

Michael Esco

Mar 20, 1985, 9:49:43 PM3/20/85

How do they name a sequel to a movie called `Friday the Thirteenth IV:
The Final Chapter'? They call it `Friday the Thirteenth V: A New Beginning'

It's slop like that that can give a bad name to *bad movies*.

Michael Esco
Boeing Aerospace

the absurdist

Mar 25, 1985, 6:06:09 PM3/25/85
In "Time After Time", there is a sight gag where Malcolm MacDowell
and Amy Steenburgen walk out of a theater. On the marquee, it
says "NOW PLAYING: Exorcist V". There was a pause, and then
the whole theater broke up.

At the time, I thought it'd never get that bad.

Please, if it was a different number, or Malcolm spells his name
McDowell, don't be the 50th person to post the correction to the
net -- ok? This is the basic idea....
--
"I'm the only President you've got" -- Lyndon Johnson

Rick Keir -- MicroComputer Information Center, MACC
1210 West Dayton St/U Wisconsin Madison/Mad WI 53706
{allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!rick

Daniel Faigin

Mar 25, 1985, 7:59:27 PM3/25/85
In article <5...@ssc-vax.UUCP> es...@ssc-vax.UUCP (Michael Esco) writes:

>... Final Chapter'? They call it `Friday the Thirteenth V: A New Beginning'

Gee, does that mean that Friday the Thriteenth VI will be
subtitled "The Empire Strikes Back"?! :-)

--

Daniel P. Faigin, System Development Corporation

UUCP: {akgua allegra ihnp4 hplabs sdcsvax trwrb cbosgd}!sdcrdcf!faigin
{netvax randvax ucla-cs uscvax cepu psivax}
ARPA: sdcrdcf!fai...@UCLA-CS.ARPA

W: SDC, 2500 Colorado MD 52-46; Santa Monica CA 90406; (213) 820-4111 x6493
H: 11743 Darlington Avenue #9; Los Angeles CA 90049; (213) 826-3357

In computing, turning the obvious into the useful is a living definition of
the word "frustration" -- A. J. Perlis, SIGPLAN 17:9 Sept 1982

Robert Lake

Mar 27, 1985, 2:39:33 PM3/27/85
Apparently the #1 film in last week's box-office receipts was Friday the
13th, Part V at $8 million. How sad. Wonder what Part VI will be called.

Ned Robie

Mar 29, 1985, 12:59:54 PM3/29/85

And what's the plot? They ship Jason into space on the shuttle
and dump him off along side the Alien and let them fight it out.

da...@shark.uucp

Apr 2, 1985, 5:00:33 PM4/2/85
Keywords:nausea, axe, hockey mask, stupid, Prince.

**** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH SOMETHING SUPERFLUOUS ****

> What do you think Friday the 13th, Part V will be called?

Too bad Take The Money And Run has already been taken.

--

Dave Williams
Tektronix, Inc.

"6000"