Neo4j JDBC driver

Rickard Öberg

Dec 15, 2011, 12:53:04 AM12/15/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I've been working on a Neo4j JDBC driver for some time now, and I
would now like to get some feedback on how it works. You can find it
here:
https://github.com/rickardoberg/neo4j-jdbc/

You can either get the source and build it yourself, or download it
from the following URL:
https://github.com/downloads/rickardoberg/neo4j-jdbc/neo4j-jdbc-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

Instructions on how to use it are at the GitHub project. Tested with
DbVisualizer, LibreOffice, IntelliJ 11 Database Support, and as ODBC
source in Windows using the Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway.

There's a ton of questions that I'm interested in hearing from you about:
* Right now it uses "type nodes" to achieve tables. Is this ok, or are
there other approaches that would be better?
* What tools should I test it with? So far each tool has required a
custom "quirks mode", so this is vital to know!
* Driver is now read-only, as Cypher (as underlying query language) is
read-only. Is this a big problem, or is the driver still useful for
reporting purposes?
* Authentication modes? Basic auth should work out of the box, but
other than that what do people use?

And so on... for those who need a JDBC driver, please try it out and
let me know how it works for you!

regards, Rickard

Peter Neubauer

Dec 15, 2011, 3:27:50 PM12/15/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Extremely cool.

This cries for a cool screenshot in the README, much like
https://github.com/neo4j/spatial . WDYT?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

TC CEO of the year - vote for Emil Eifrém!
http://crunchies2011.techcrunch.com/nominate/

Google:neubauer.peter
Skype:peter.neubauer
Phone: +46 704 106975
LinkedIn   http://www.linkedin.com/in/neubauer
Twitter      @peterneubauer

brew install neo4j && neo4j start
heroku addons:add neo4j

Radhakrishna Kalyan

Dec 16, 2011, 3:44:44 AM12/16/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Good work, I have an existing JDBC application towards SQLite, I will work with the migration towards Neo4J using your jdbc driver.

Kalyan

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Rickard Öberg <rickar...@neotechnology.com> wrote:

--
Thanks and Regards
N Radhakrishna Kalyan

Peter Neubauer

Dec 16, 2011, 4:04:24 AM12/16/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Oh,
that is great! Could you please write up your experience in a blog or
so so others can take part of it?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

TC CEO of the year - vote for Emil Eifrém!
http://crunchies2011.techcrunch.com/nominate/

Google:neubauer.peter
Skype:peter.neubauer
Phone: +46 704 106975