Please supply full context information when posting questions to this group

Michael Hunger

Jan 12, 2012, 10:22:24 AM1/12/12
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as we had in the last time quite often messages that stated a question but without any further context, explanation, code or similar, I would like to urge you to provide
as much information possible with your first email to allow others to help you.

I think all our time is precious and it is just politeness to the other members of this group not to waste their time by writing back and forth.

The more volume this group gets, the more unlikely is that those questions will be answered at all.

So whenever you post a question please make sure to include the necessary things to understand it:

* neo4j version, library versions, OS, jdk
* explanation
* code
* graph-structure (ascii art or graphics)
* any other helpful information

if appropriate:
* application output
* log-files,
* exceptions with *full* stacktraces

Thanks a lot

Michael

James Thornton

Jan 18, 2012, 8:42:15 PM1/18/12
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Also consider posting code snippets, logs, and stacktraces as a Gist so that it's more readable:

- James
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael Hunger

Aug 14, 2012, 4:43:51 AM8/14/12
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Please also supply programming language/driver name/query language used (possibly in the subject)

Message has been deleted