C#/Mono on NativeClient - how?

MattCruikshank

Dec 9, 2011, 12:58:25 PM12/9/11
to Native-Client-Discuss
So how does one go about targeting a C# application to run on
NativeClient?

Does anyone want to make Christmas come early, and write a tutorial?
=)

Elijah Taylor

Dec 9, 2011, 4:09:48 PM12/9/11
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

The Mono port we have currently is still a bit rough around the edges for mass consumption, but is available on github for adventurous souls with little or no support right now (see nacl/README and nacl/test for example code).  We're working to clean it up quite a bit and make it more user friendly.  At that time I hope we'll have some proper documentation and examples about how to use C# and other .NET languages in your web apps using NaCl.  Stay tuned!

-Elijah

Thaina

Dec 12, 2011, 4:33:08 AM12/12/11
to Native-Client-Discuss
Do you have any time fix date for releasing it? I want to know when it
would be usable from MonoDevelop

Thanks

Egor Pasko

Dec 12, 2011, 8:21:21 AM12/12/11
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Thaina <thai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have any time fix date for releasing it? I want to know when it
> would be usable from MonoDevelop

there is currently no plan to integrate nacl-mono with MonoDevelop, do
you want to volunteer?

--
Egor Pasko

Elijah Taylor

Dec 12, 2011, 2:04:23 PM12/12/11
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
With regards to an exact timeline, we don't have one.  The best I can say is that we're working on it actively.

As far as MonoDevelop, I'm sure that building source that would work on Native Client should work generally (as we don't change anything about the bytecode, all of our changes are in the Mono runtime itself), but integrated debugging and some library features (like GTK#, WinForms, etc) would likely not be available for some time.

-Elijah

Thaina

Dec 30, 2011, 11:38:03 AM12/30/11
to Native-Client-Discuss
It's so normal that many feature would fail. But we need to do NaCl
for RIA anyways so I'm sure we don't need those things you have
mention

I think we really need it work with very limit as fast as possible,
for me I need only KeyBoard,Mouse and WebGL
Please just have something like checkbox enable in MonoDevelop to
compile C# code to NaCl and some guide to make it able to open in
Chrome, Other than that can wait for next time

Thaina

Jan 14, 2012, 3:31:47 AM1/14/12
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
If there are basic workaround I can load and play with MonoDevelop. Then I have fully intention to join