Import from XML: support non-YYYY-MM-DD date format

yurkennis

Feb 15, 2011, 4:10:05 AM2/15/11
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I am struggling to create a full-set-of-fields template to convert from Bonsai via XML.
One problem I faced is that MLO don't recognize dates unless they are YYYY-MM-DD format. Bonsai uses regional settings as defined by Windows, so it would be ideal if MLO simply try to parse dates according to current Windows settings.

I understand there's a workaround to temporarily set Windows dates format to YYYY-MM-DD, but being able to export without changing Windows settings would be great.
--
yurkennis

Philb

Feb 15, 2011, 1:08:57 PM2/15/11
to MyLifeOrganized
Not sure if this will help, but one method I realized was possible
this morning that handles dates and was "staring me in the face", is
to do "bulk entry" of tasks through the Rapid Task dialog. You can
just paste in an item or list of items like this:

Item one 02/20/11
Item two 02/21/11
Item three 03/15/11

And with parsing and multiple entry turned on, it will enter the items
at the place you choose in the outline and add the dates to the due
date field. If you look in the Application help for Input parsing, it
will show ways to designate start date, due date etc in the text
string.

I chose this method rather than trying to come up with an xml
solution.

Hope that may be helpful for you.

yurkennis

Feb 15, 2011, 2:03:57 PM2/15/11
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it won't help in my case as my typical outline is 2k..5k items, most with start dates, contexts, some with completed dates and more. And I believe there are many former Bonsai users who need a bulk import mechanism involving as little manual involvement as possible.

Still, thanks for sharing the suggestion.

--
yurkennis