This forum is a mess

scoobie

Mar 12, 2010, 2:05:37 PM3/12/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Can we please move over to a proper forum with folders and some sort
of structure?
There are so many duplicate topics in here now it must be wasting
everyone's time including that of the app authors to keep track (if
they can) of it all.

Josh P.

Mar 12, 2010, 9:37:09 PM3/12/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Yay! +1 for that. A real bulletin board system with notifications
would be a lot better.

kitus

Mar 13, 2010, 9:49:59 AM3/13/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Absolutelly, +1

Lisa Stroyan

Mar 14, 2010, 12:53:34 PM3/14/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
At 01:05 PM 3/12/2010, you wrote:
Can we please move over to a proper forum with folders and some sort
of structure?

Personally I prefer mailing lists.  I'm much more likely to contribute via email than by having to go to a website.    Moving to a forum would be disconnected from all past posts also.

Perhaps what would help is to give the PPC folks a separate list like the Android list.  That would simplify a lot.

Also I think every forum or email list goes through ebbs and flows...it's got a lot of traffic now, but it usually calms down pretty quickly.

Lisa

Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstr...@gmail.com
www.empathic-parenting.com

Eric Young

Mar 17, 2010, 6:40:40 PM3/17/10
to MyLifeOrganized
+1 !!!

On Mar 14, 9:53 am, Lisa Stroyan <lstro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 01:05 PM 3/12/2010, you wrote:
>
> >Can we please move over to a proper forum with folders and some sort
> >of structure?
>
> Personally I prefer mailing lists.  I'm much more likely to
> contribute via email than by having to go to a website.    Moving to
> a forum would be disconnected from all past posts also.
>
> Perhaps what would help is to give the PPC folks a separate list like
> the Android list.  That would simplify a lot.
>
> Also I think every forum or email list goes through ebbs and
> flows...it's got a lot of traffic now, but it usually calms down
> pretty quickly.
>
> Lisa
>

> ----------
> Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstro...@gmail.comwww.empathic-parenting.com

Adrian Cobley

Mar 17, 2010, 6:54:23 PM3/17/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Yup. Email comes to me. I read it.

Web based forums I have to go to. There are loads. I don't have time to go there.

Make that +1+1

Regards

Adrian Cobley

Mark Levison

Mar 17, 2010, 6:58:50 PM3/17/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
This comes up every year so. For me the math is simple, I participate
in over 20 mailing lists and 0 forums. Start a forum, I'll continue to
use the mailing list.

Cheers
Mark

Gogol Module

Mar 19, 2010, 6:09:36 PM3/19/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
+1 !

Richard C

Mar 20, 2010, 11:10:03 AM3/20/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Most forums have an option for getting emails sent to you and some
even allow replies via email. I would certainly favour something that
had a better structure than this group.

> >> Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstro...@gmail.comwww.empathic-parenting.com- Hide quoted text -

James Murphy

Mar 21, 2010, 8:10:39 AM3/21/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Most forums have an option for getting emails sent to you and some
even allow replies via email.

Its still a forum, my participation here is limited with the emails it would be non-existent in a forum

I would certainly favour something that
had a better structure than this group.

With forums, unless aggressively moderated, everything ends up in one place (or the wrong place) - mind you as I use google mail to read the list messages I get nice threading most of the time and so my view of the mailing list may not reflect everyone's experience.

--
Murph

David Jade

Mar 23, 2010, 10:58:47 PM3/23/10
to MyLifeOrganized
The issue I have with mailing lists is most of what is discussed here
is not that important to me. Sorry, it's just that way for me. With a
group I can pick and choose what to read when I want to read it
instead of it being yet another email that I have to deal with. I
vastly prefer topics and threads that I can choose from vs. being
blasted with everything everyone says.

My 2 cents

david

Dmitry_N

Mar 24, 2010, 3:25:23 AM3/24/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Big +1 for decently organized forums!

Like this one: http://www.mylifeorganized.net/forum-ru/ ;)

scoobie

Mar 24, 2010, 7:36:10 PM3/24/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Amazing. So there's a Russian forum but not an English one!
http://www.mylifeorganized.net/forum-ru/;)

Josh P.

Mar 24, 2010, 10:21:43 PM3/24/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Wow, there is a real forum! That's exactly what we should have in
English too! Google translate does an OK job but I can't write in
Russian. :(

David J. Mangen

Mar 24, 2010, 10:26:23 PM3/24/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Well, where is development taking place? Doh!

David J. Mangen
Mangen Research Associates, Inc.

James Murphy

Mar 25, 2010, 9:37:39 AM3/25/10
On 24 March 2010 02:58, David Jade <d...@mutable.net> wrote:
The issue I have with mailing lists is most of what is discussed here
is not that important to me. Sorry, it's just that way for me. With a
group I can pick and choose what to read when I want to read it
instead of it being yet another email that I have to deal with.

So do what I do and use a google mail account for lists (and only for lists) - the threading for this list works a tread - I see subject headings and can read or ignore at will. Forums are no less broken than email

--
Murph

Mark Levison

Mar 25, 2010, 9:39:17 AM3/25/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

+1

Cheers
Mark

otomo

Mar 25, 2010, 6:07:55 AM3/25/10
to MyLifeOrganized
It shouldnt be problem to simply add a subforum for international
customers in this forum.

On 25 Mrz., 03:26, "David J. Mangen" <david.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, where is development taking place?  Doh!
>
> David J. Mangen
> Mangen Research Associates, Inc.

Adrian Cobley

Mar 25, 2010, 11:03:54 AM3/25/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I'd agree with that!

Regards

Adrian Cobley

David Jade

Mar 25, 2010, 6:48:29 PM3/25/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Well my contention is that nothing is broken. I find using Google
Groups works just fine for me. I can follow threads, see new messages
since I last visted, etc...

James Murphy

Mar 28, 2010, 10:01:21 AM3/28/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
David, excellent point - I think many people may be unaware that this is actually a google groups list rather than just a plain mailing list or of the capabilities therein

--
Murph