Failed to launch nserve.py [Errno 111]

yann972

Apr 25, 2012, 8:50:51 AM4/25/12
to mwlib
Hi all,

I hope i'll find an answer here because i h'ave a big problem.

I have a Mediawiki 1.18 server with the last version of mwlib. I have
apache2, php5 and postgresql installed on it.
This server cannot access Internet, that's why i've decided to run
mwlib on my own server.

The problem is that i can't launch nserve.py, postman.py and nslave.py
in order to run the server.
The only one i can start is mw-qserve.
mw-render is working well as i can generate PDF manually.
Here is the error message i got when i try to launch them :
mutstrle006:/usr/local/bin # nserve.py
listening on 0.0.0.0:8899
watch: localhost:14311: system down
watch: localhost:14311: error in watch_qserve: [Errno 111] Connection
refused
watch: localhost:14311: error in watch_qserve: [Errno 111] Connection
refused
watch: localhost:14311: error in watch_qserve: [Errno 111] Connection
refused
watch: localhost:14311: error in watch_qserve: [Errno 111] Connection
refused
When i try to launch postman.py or nslave.py :
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Error while calling pulljob: [Errno 111] Connection refused

The collection extension is installed on Mediawiki and is working
well, i just can't export any articles in PDF.
When mw-qserve is started and i try to export a page as PDF, i got the
error :

(Empty reply from server).

Can somebody help me please ?!

Mehmet Metan

Apr 26, 2012, 2:05:18 AM4/26/12
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here!
Please help.

yann972

Apr 26, 2012, 5:53:49 AM4/26/12
to mwlib
Hi, problem is now solved.

It was just because those services cannot run as daemon and i had to
open 4 different console to launch each script (nserve.py, then mw-
qserve, then nslave.py and postman.py).

No error message since this.

I have an other error message now, i'll open a new post about this.

Mehmet Metan

Apr 27, 2012, 4:13:19 AM4/27/12
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Mine still occurs. different consoles doesn't seem to solve the problem tho :(

Edouard Lopez

Apr 30, 2012, 12:35:52 PM4/30/12
to mwlib
Hi,
@yann972 could you be more precise about your config and how you
solved this issue ?
I got a similar issue, I'm able to generate PDF through the console
with :
mw-render --config http://mw.ajlsm.com/ --username='myUser' --
password='myPwd' --output articleName.pdf --writer rl articleName

But fail when using the wiki to 'Download as PDF'.
I have the following setting in my ~/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php

require_once("$IP/extensions/Collection/Collection.php");
$wgCollectionMWServerCredentials = "myUser:myPwd";
$wgCollectionMWServeURL = "http://mw.site.com:8899/"; # name and port
of the server
$wgCollectionMaxArticles = 150; # Limit number of articles that a book
can contain
# Qui peut sauver des livres ?
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['collectionsaveasuserpage'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['collectionsaveascommunitypage'] = true;
$wgLicenseURL = 'http://mw.site.com/index.php?title=SITE:Copyrights';
# page de la licenc

There is a documentation here: http://mwlib.readthedocs.org/en/latest/renderserver.html
but I don't get how it tag along apache/tomcat, and where I set my
settings.

Help need

Cristian Gómez

Aug 2, 2012, 11:38:44 AM8/2/12
to mw...@googlegroups.com
I think that the programs are in inverse order in the documentation, I execute them in this order:
mw-qserve
nserve.py
nslave.py --cachedir ~/cache/
postman.py