Inline editing

congtha...@gmail.com

May 9, 2011, 5:29:48 AM5/9/11
to mvccontrib-discuss
Hi,

I'm using this grid for my project, so far so good. Just wonder that
you guys have plan to input more features like Inline editing... or a
clear road map for future development ?

Thanks alot.

Jeremy Skinner

May 9, 2011, 5:42:25 AM5/9/11
to mvccontri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are no plans to build in support for inline editing. The reasoning behind the grid has always been to provide a way to easily generate an HTML table from a strongly-typed model, and I've tried to ensure that the grid has always adhered to this goal and not succumbed to 'feature creep' that doesn't serve its core purpose.

I am not actively developing the grid at present, this is partly because I'm currently focussing on other projects, but also because the jQuery UI Grid which is currently under development (http://wiki.jqueryui.com/w/page/34246941/Grid#Roadmap and is being sponsored by Microsoft) is likely to be a better bet going forward.

Jeremy

--
Contact Jeffrey Palermo or Eric Hexter with specific questions about the MvcContrib project.  Or go to http://mvccontrib.org