GRADUATE PROGRAM: Washington University, MA/PhD Musicology Programs

AMS

Oct 19, 2020, 4:00:12 PM10/19/20
to ams-an...@listserv.unl.edu
Dear colleagues,

Deadlines for graduate-school applications are approaching, and I want to encourage you to inform promising undergraduates and master’s students about our program at Washington University in Saint Louis.

Our department grants MA and PhD degrees in musicology (including ethnomusicology) and music theory.

We offer:
• Generous six-year fellowships, which include full tuition waivers, stipends, and teaching assistantship responsibilities.
• Faculty representing a wide range of research interests and methodologies, including American music (North America, South America, and the Caribbean), art economies, classical music, cognition, computational modeling, digital humanities, ethnography, experimental music, film music, jazz and improvisation, musicals, pedagogy, and race and ethnicity.
• Opportunities to pursue interdisciplinary studies across our campus—including certificate programs in American Culture Studies; Film and Media Studies; and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
• Access to the university’s Teaching Center and opportunities to earn a Teaching Certificate.
• Substantial research funding.

For more information or to begin an application, visit our website: https://music.wustl.edu/graduate. Please contact the Director of Graduate Studies (Paul Steinbeck, paul.steinbeck -at- wustl.edu) if you have questions about the Department of Music or the application process.

This year’s application deadline is January 15, 2021.

Sincerely,

Lauren Eldridge Stewart, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Head of Musicology