Sound issues with wx 2.9

tony971

Jul 15, 2013, 10:05:03 AM7/15/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the current hg with the wxmupen frontend and there's no sound when I play. When I try to click on the sound tab, I get this error message: "/home/sven/m64p-daily/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/include/wx-2.9/wx/any.h(973) assert "Assert failure" failed in As(): incorrect or non-convertible data type"

Sven Eckelmann

Jul 15, 2013, 10:24:13 AM7/15/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, tony971, mmg
I have no idea about the sound problem. Can you try to change to external
window (i think it can be found under "Plugins" -> "VideoExtension")? The
other error sounds like a problem in Auria's handling of enumerated options.
mupen64plus-audio-sdl had only a simple on/off switch for the resampler and
now (2.0) it is a string (enumerable). Can you try to remove the Audio-SDL
section in your mupen64plus.cfg and try again?

Kind regards,
Sven
signature.asc

tony971

Jul 15, 2013, 5:13:29 PM7/15/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, tony971, mmg
The sound works when I use the external player but the sound tab still throws the same error after deleting the config.

mmg

Jul 15, 2013, 10:42:21 PM7/15/13
to tony971, mupen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this bug was recently fixed, either use latest hg or wait for next stable release (I hope to find time and motivation to make another stable release soon)

-- Auria

tony971

Jul 16, 2013, 12:00:24 AM7/16/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, tony971
I am using the latest hg from Sven's repository. With as many core changes since 1.99.5 as there have been, I wouldn't even try to use 0.3.

Sven Eckelmann

Jul 16, 2013, 3:13:43 AM7/16/13
On Monday 15 July 2013 21:00:24 tony971 wrote:
> I am using the latest hg from Sven's repository. With as many core changes
> since 1.99.5 as there have been, I wouldn't even try to use 0.3.

I think this problem was introduced in 558:d794027563e8. Can you please try
2013-07-10 (this one should work) and then 2013-07-12 (this one should crash).

I think it is the cause of the problem because it just changes the resampler
names of 2.0 back to the on/off switch used in mupen64plus 1.99.5. The crash
is then caused by the missing checks for the type switch in the config-
handling code.

Kind regards,
Sven
signature.asc

tony971

Jul 16, 2013, 3:40:02 AM7/16/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, tony971, mmg
I don't know how to download a previous commit on bitbucket. I can get to the commit, but without the handy little download button they have on the overview page, I'm lost.

Sven Eckelmann

Jul 16, 2013, 3:52:13 AM7/16/13
On Tuesday 16 July 2013 00:40:02 tony971 wrote:
> I don't know how to download a previous commit on bitbucket. I can get to
> the commit, but without the handy little download button they have on the
> overview page, I'm lost.

2013-07-10
https://bitbucket.org/ecsv/mupen64plus-mxe-daily/get/616245ccdd3c.zip

2013-07-12
https://bitbucket.org/ecsv/mupen64plus-mxe-daily/get/c3edda3cb553.zip

Kind regards,
Sven
signature.asc

Sven Eckelmann

Jul 16, 2013, 8:17:53 AM7/16/13
On Monday 15 July 2013 14:13:29 tony971 wrote:
> The sound works when I use the external player but the sound tab still
> throws the same error after deleting the config.

Maybe you can aid us and tell us more about your system (OS, soundcard, sound
driver, ...) in bug 503 [1]. I think no dev was able to reproduce it and
therefore cannot work on this bug.

Kind regards,
Sven

[1] https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/issues/detail?id=503#c4
signature.asc

Richard Goedeken

Jul 16, 2013, 9:01:48 AM7/16/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
I was also able to reproduce the no-sound-with-vidext bug on my wife's Win7
laptop using the 2.0 mupen64plus modules and the most recent (0.3?) packaged
version of wxmupen64plus. There were more serious bugs as well (crashes and
lockups).

Richard

tony971

Jul 16, 2013, 11:03:44 AM7/16/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
Rolling back to the July 10th commit fixed the error on the sound tab but there was still no sound on the internal player. I'm running Win 8 Pro. My sound runs through my Nvidia 660 graphics card. The driver version is 1.3.24.2

mmg

Jul 16, 2013, 5:59:53 PM7/16/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
wxMupen64plus 0.3 is not compatible with mupen 2.0, too much changed
since then. Latest hg should already be much better. I will finish
updating wxMupen and test it more as I get time; more testing on OSX and
Windows, especially. Supporting multiple platforms definitely
complicates tests a lot

-- Auria

Sven Eckelmann

Jul 18, 2013, 2:48:10 PM7/18/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, tony971, mmg
Auria, any comments on this?

Kind regards,
Sven
signature.asc

tony971

Jul 19, 2013, 10:37:31 PM7/19/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
Sven's hg builds include the most up to date iteration of wxmupen64plus. like auria said, it's a lot better than 0.3 but the sound issues are still there

Sven Eckelmann

Aug 7, 2013, 7:21:04 AM8/7/13
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, tony971, mmg
Ok, I will just remove all wxmupen64plus builds.

Kind regards,
Sven
signature.asc