Re: [MumPy] Django Code Jam Sesssion

Jimit Modi

May 31, 2013, 12:58:35 AM5/31/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Will be good. As mumpy sessions are also not happened from quite a long time.

--
Jim(y || it)

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Siddharth Shah <iam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,
             I have been wanting to connect with other Python/Django developers in Mumbai. One way I thought about doing this is getting together and coding up something. This would be a great learning experience, if people on group are already doing that do let me know. Else we can kick off something. As usual suggestions and thoughts welcomed.

Thank you,
Sidharth

Siddharth Shah

Jun 1, 2013, 10:13:05 PM6/1/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
What would be a good time and plance to do it ?

Mehul Ved

Jun 2, 2013, 2:07:36 PM6/2/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Siddharth Shah <iam...@gmail.com> wrote:
What would be a good time and plance to do it ?

Check with IIT-B or Playce, though neither are centrally located. They are easiest to get hold of. Those who're motivated enough will still come over.

Ankur Gupta

Jun 4, 2013, 6:20:00 AM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Can we get a count of no of people interested in the DJANGO JAM
because we would need net + electricity sockets for every laptop.
Based on the count I can talk to either folks in IITB or DirectI or
playce.

+1
> --
> --

Homepage -> http://uptosomething.in

Jimit Modi

Jun 4, 2013, 6:39:35 AM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
I am in
--
Jim(y || it)

Mukesh Yadav

Jun 4, 2013, 7:39:09 AM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, Depending on Time and date, If its 2nd or 4th Sat or on Sunday I'm in.
Regards
Mukesh Yadav

Ankur Gupta

Jun 4, 2013, 7:44:59 AM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Will be on weekend for sure. I get 1st and 3rd Sat off from office, I
am sure others have their own constraints so Sunday would be a better
choice for all.

@all Please reply with you names here for the count.

Jimit Modi

Jun 4, 2013, 7:50:29 AM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Jimit - Any weekend
--
Jim(y || it)

Parth Buch

Jun 4, 2013, 10:32:09 AM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
In, though wont be present from 21st to 30th

Vineet Naik

Jun 4, 2013, 12:44:45 PM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
+1
Vineet Naik

Parag Mistry

Jun 4, 2013, 12:51:57 PM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com

I have no idea about django. Onlookers welcome? Just uncase I can get a hint of it.

vips

Jun 4, 2013, 12:58:18 PM6/4/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

bigup for the initiative.

Any date is fine with me but I would suggest to float some date and we will manage our schedule accordingly. Coding session seems good, but other factors needs to be taken into account as not all have same level of exposure/experience to Django/python.

Ankur Gupta

Jun 6, 2013, 7:50:56 AM6/6/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
So I am assuming 7-10 people are interested. That's a good enough
number to have 1st Code Jam. Can we have 16th June as the date ?. I
can then start talking to people for place.

Jimit Modi

Jun 6, 2013, 7:59:24 AM6/6/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
16 June seems good.
--
Jim(y || it)

Pavan Mishra

Jun 6, 2013, 8:07:33 AM6/6/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
+3 from Imly team and 16th June is good

Mukesh Yadav

Jun 6, 2013, 8:38:14 AM6/6/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
16th Seems Good
Regards
Mukesh Yadav

Siddharth Shah

Jun 6, 2013, 11:51:40 AM6/6/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Yup 16th June seems good.

Jimit Modi

Jun 10, 2013, 12:37:25 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
@Ankur Are we on for 16th June ?
--
Jim(y || it)

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Siddharth Shah <iam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yup 16th June seems good.

Aditya Sengupta

Jun 10, 2013, 5:50:07 AM6/10/13
to mumpy
If it's 8-10 people, I can arrange for the Instamojo office to be available on Sunday (late afternoon/early evening).

Ankur Gupta

Jun 10, 2013, 6:07:04 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
I am waiting for confirmation from my friends at IITB. Should get a
response by day end as he has talked to the Professor.
Homepage -> http://uptosomething.in

Ankur Gupta

Jun 10, 2013, 6:09:22 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Btw Instamojo office is at Malad and IITB at Powai.

I would say +1 to Instamojo office as it's near to my place aka Malad
- West. Please put forward your location preference.

Pavan Mishra

Jun 10, 2013, 6:13:45 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
+3 for Instamojo

Aditya Sengupta

Jun 10, 2013, 6:17:44 AM6/10/13
to mumpy
FYI- location of the Instamojo office- http://www.instamojo.com/p/contact/ (scroll down to view map).

Dhruv Baldawa

Jun 10, 2013, 6:21:10 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
+1, anywhere works !

--
Dhruv Baldawa

Ankur Gupta

Jun 10, 2013, 6:28:13 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
@aditya We have 13 people listed below who are coming. Assuming we
don't entertain more people for the codejam can we accommodate 13 ?

Dhruv Baldawa
Siddharth Shah
Jimit Modi
Mehul Ved
Mukesh Yadav
Ankur Gupta
Parth Buch
Vineet Naik
Parag Mistry
Vips
Pavan Mishra and Friends from Imly [ Count 3]

Ankur Gupta

Jun 10, 2013, 6:49:35 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
List is full list with names of guys from imly [ Count still 13 ]

Dhruv Baldawa
Siddharth Shah
Jimit Modi
Mehul Ved
Mukesh Yadav
Parth Buch
Vineet Naik
Parag Mistry
Vips
Pavan Mishra
Abhishek,
Manish
Ankur

Vinodkumar Puliyadi

Jun 10, 2013, 6:52:48 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
me +3 friends total 4 will also like to join.

Ankur Gupta

Jun 10, 2013, 6:59:11 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
@vinod can you give me the names please.

@all Will like to confirm IITB as a venue option. We have confirmation
from Aero dept. [ Thanks Parth ]. Now we are 17 people for the code
jam. @adityasengupta I guess that rules out Instamojo office, Right ?

Aditya Sengupta

Jun 10, 2013, 7:11:20 AM6/10/13
to mumpy
I can fit 12 people into the office right now. Perhaps another 2-3 people on the floor/bean bag. So our absolute cramped out limit is about 15. So we'll need to go with a bigger place this time.

Vinodkumar Puliyadi

Jun 10, 2013, 7:25:41 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
@ankurgupta, please find the names below

Vinodkumar Puliyadi
Milind Mistry
Tushar
Rohit Jain

Ankur Gupta

Jun 10, 2013, 7:47:03 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
I have 3 IITB students who have confirmed to show up for the Codejam
taking the count to 20.

Confirming IITB as venue from 10.30 AM to 5.30 PM I will be there by
10.00 AM. Hardik at FOSSEE is helping us.

Please note

a) You are expected to bring your own laptop. Make sure you get the
laptop register at Main IITB gate and get a gate pass for it. It will
take 2-3 minutes to fill form and get the pass,

b) Carry a ID Card with you,

c) Try not to bring DLSR Camera's, Hard disk, Tablets etc. Sometimes
the security may not allow it or cause problems,

d) I will get 3 extension cords. ( If someone can volunteer with 2-3
more that be great. Please acknowledge here if you are bringing one )

e) Lunch at Gulmohar is the option we have inside IITB on a sunday.

f) My number is 98 67 64 36 30.

Regards
Ankur

Parag Mistry

Jun 10, 2013, 8:01:15 AM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com

I am not sure if I will come. I have one more seminar to attend. Will still confirm on Wednesday.

Vineet Naik

Jun 10, 2013, 2:05:50 PM6/10/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Great! Looking forward to it.
Vineet Naik

Parth Buch

Jun 15, 2013, 10:44:13 AM6/15/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Friendly reminder.

Django CodeJam is happening tomorrow, Sunday 16th June in IIT Bombay at this place from 10:30AM to 5:30PM.

Please note

a) You are expected to bring your own laptop. Make sure you get the
laptop register at Main IITB gate and get a gate pass for it. It will
take 2-3 minutes to fill form and get the pass,

b) Carry a ID Card with you,

c) Try not to bring DLSR Camera's, Hard disk, Tablets etc. Sometimes
the security may not allow it or cause problems,

d) Lunch at Gulmohar is the option we have inside IITB on a sunday.

e) Give a call to Ankur 98 67 64 36 30 or Parth 96 19 60 66 10 if you have trouble reaching the venue.

See you there.

Dhruv Baldawa

Jun 15, 2013, 12:22:07 PM6/15/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. Down with cold, have to pull out of this one.

--
Dhruv Baldawa

Ankur Gupta

Jun 16, 2013, 12:29:01 AM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Would like to know who all are not able to commute due to rain this morning ?

satyaakam goswami

Jun 16, 2013, 12:41:54 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
    a) You are expected to bring your own laptop. Make sure you get the
    laptop register at Main IITB gate and get a gate pass for it. It will
    take 2-3 minutes to fill form and get the pass,

    b) Carry a ID Card with you,

    c) Try not to bring DLSR Camera's, Hard disk, Tablets etc. Sometimes
    the security may not allow it or cause problems,

    d) Lunch at Gulmohar is the option we have inside IITB on a sunday.

    e) Give a call to Ankur 98 67 64 36 30 or Parth 96 19 60 66 10 if you have
    trouble reaching the venue.

    See you there.
What they heck why these places of education have become like a Jail ,do not understand what is the threat perception and who runs these places,  heard something similar about a private college too where the students are so disgusted with the system they have to get to other places where there is freedom and things do and get done and moreover learn .

-Satya

Jimit Modi

Jun 16, 2013, 12:44:30 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Satya,

Please elaborate and explain detail in simple and clear words.

--
Jim(y || it)

Johnson Chetty

Jun 16, 2013, 1:32:06 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com

Erm .. Lets not talk about this where we know no one on this list might be going mad on the IIT deans asking to change procedures.. ya? Pointless otherwise...

How did the Djangya session go guys?  Good fun? Send some updates please.. Some of us couldnt make it you know..

Ankur Gupta

Jun 16, 2013, 1:32:15 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
The rules below are imposed on those who are not from IITB i.e. those
who are not IITB students, staff.

These rules are rational/logic put in place for safety of property and
verifying authenticity of people coming inside the campus.

Sanjay Bhangar

Jun 16, 2013, 1:45:01 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
can someone please update on how the meeting went and what happened?
I would have loved to have made it, but am travelling currently .. extremely curious to know how many people actually turned up, what happened, etc :)

Cheers guys and great work everyone who helped organize this -- sounds like a fun event ..

-Sanjay

Jimit Modi

Jun 16, 2013, 2:01:03 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
check - https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DjangoCodeJam&src=hash

Will update more tomorrow

--
Jim(y || it)

Yousuf Fauzan

Jun 16, 2013, 2:09:25 PM6/16/13
to mu...@googlegroups.com
B,
We miss you :)
Come back soon.

I would also like to know how was it. Please mail details.