Check if EBSD on hex grid and convert to square grid

latm...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 4:50:21 AM1/26/16
to MTEX
Hi MTEX community:

Can anyone suggest an elegant way to check if EBSD data is on hexagonal or square grid?

Also, if the data is on hex grid, is it correct to do
ebsdsqr = fill(ebsdhex)
for conversion from hex to square grid?

Overall, I am looking for something like this:

hexFlag = someFunctionToCheckGrid(ebsd) % check if hex grid
if hexFlag
  ebsdsqr
= hex2sqr(ebsd) % convert grid from hex to square
end

Thanks,
Marat

Ralf Hielscher

Jan 31, 2016, 9:03:28 AM1/31/16
to MTEX
Hi Marat,

in order to check whether an EBSD data set is on a hex grid you can do

hexFlag = length(ebsd.unitCell) == 6;

You may use fill to convert the hex data to a square grid. You will get some distortions, but I think its ok.

Ralf.