Git for Windows 1.8.5.2 (preview)

Johannes Schindelin

Dec 30, 2013, 6:57:20 PM12/30/13
to msy...@googlegroups.com, g...@vger.kernel.org
Dear fans of Git,

this mail brings to you the good news that Git for Windows is available in
a new version: 1.8.5.2-preview20131230

Many, many thanks go to the tireless developers working on this
particularly hard port of Git.

Changes since Git-1.8.4-preview20130916

New Features

- Comes with Git 1.8.5.2 plus Windows-specific patches.

- Windows-specific patches are now grouped into pseudo-branches which
should make future development more robust despite the fact that we have
had less than stellar success getting the Windows-specific patches accepted
by upstream git.git.

- Works around more path length limitations (pull request #86)

- Has an optional stat() cache toggled via core.fscache (pull request #107)

Bugfixes

- Lots of installer fixes

- git-cmd: Handle home directory on a different drive correctly (pull
request #146)

- git-cmd: add a helper to work with the ssh agent (pull request #135)

- Git-Cheetah: prevent duplicate menu entries (pull request #7)

- No longer replaces dos2unix with hd2u (a more powerful, but slightly
incompatible version of dos2unix)

In keeping with the fine tradition of making a release on the eve of a
holiday, and immediately going on vacation, it is my pleasure to wish you
all a happy new year,
Johannes

grizz...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2014, 9:58:26 AM1/22/14
to msy...@googlegroups.com, g...@vger.kernel.org
Hi All,

It would seem that the released binaries do not match the tag in github.

For example core.fscache is not listed in the documentation shipped with msysGit-fullinstall-1.8.5.2-preview20131230.exe.
Another is git-1.8.5.2.msysgit.0\Documentation\technical\api-hashmap.txt missing as well.

Was this intentional?

Thank you for all your hard work!