Treeherder no longer uses or depends on Datasource

William Lachance

Jan 6, 2017, 3:35:59 PM1/6/17
to mozilla-tool...@lists.mozilla.org
Just a quick announcement that as of today, Treeherder no longer uses
Datasource (https://github.com/jeads/datasource/). This marks the end of
the per-project databases: all Treeherder data can now be retrieved
through the Django ORM.

Along with this change, I have completely removed Treeherder's opaque
and hard-to-understand "job model": the last remaining use of it
(ingesting data) is now done through some relatively easy-to-follow
functions in `treeherder/etl/jobs.py` and `treeherder/etl/resultset.py`.

Getting here was quite the long road, spanning well over a year of
effort. I might talk more about what motivated this change in the
future, but for now please just enjoy what I hope is much a simpler and
better-documented Treeherder development experience. :)

Will

Cameron Dawson

Jan 6, 2017, 7:11:19 PM1/6/17
to William Lachance, mozilla-tool...@lists.mozilla.org
This truly rocks! As someone who did a lot of PITA work with Datasource, I can’t thank you enough! :)

-Cam

Armen Zambrano Gasparnian

Jan 7, 2017, 9:24:57 AM1/7/17
to mozilla-tool...@lists.mozilla.org
Good job Will!
Looking forward to read more about the background behind the initiative.