Auto Crap

Mozillian

Feb 20, 2018, 5:14:18 PM2/20/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
How do I turn off the automatic double line-feed that creates all these
damn blank lines that I cannot get rid of ?????

When I hit return I want the next line.
If I want a paragraph I will hit return twice !

This is just toooo much "help" .... NOT !

Good Guy

Feb 20, 2018, 5:36:14 PM2/20/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Uncheck the box as shown in this picture:

https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png

i have to say that your language remains much to be desired.  You really need to use proper subject heading and use simple plain English.

--
With over 600 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Wolf K

Feb 20, 2018, 9:44:16 PM2/20/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Doesn't happen here.
See?

You don't mention OS or TBird version, which I think are relevant.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

WaltS48

Feb 21, 2018, 8:36:27 AM2/21/18
On 2/20/18 9:43 PM, Wolf K wrote:
> On 2018-02-20 17:08, Mozillian wrote:
>> How do I turn off the automatic double line-feed that creates all
>> these damn blank lines that I cannot get rid of ?????
>>
>> When I hit return I want the next line.
>> If I want a paragraph I will hit return twice !
>>
>> This is just toooo much "help" .... NOT !
>
> Doesn't happen here.
> See?
>
> You don't mention OS or TBird version, which I think are relevant.

Well, they did post with SeaMonkey so maybe they posted to the wrong list.

In SeaMonkey the setting is under *Defaults for HTML Messages* Default
composition format:, in Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups >
Composition.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

opto

Feb 21, 2018, 11:26:48 AM2/21/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Whoever invented that message with paragraph and body text didn.t do a good job.
Iam just thinking how my wife my secretary or other non html people would perceive such an option text.

It is saying how it is implemented but not what it is doing. My 2 ct Klaus

Mozillian

Feb 23, 2018, 8:02:12 PM2/23/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
NO PICTURE SEEN !

Good Guy wrote:
> On 20/02/2018 22:08, Mozillian wrote:
>> How do I turn off the automatic double line-feed that creates all
>> these damn blank lines that I cannot get rid of ?????
>>
>> When I hit return I want the next line.
>> If I want a paragraph I will hit return twice !
>>
>> This is just toooo much "help" .... NOT !
>
> Uncheck the box as shown in this picture:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png <https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png>

Ken Whiton

Feb 24, 2018, 3:04:54 AM2/24/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
*-* On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:48:17 -0800,
*-* In Article
<mailman.480.1519434126....@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* Mozillian wrote
*-* About Re: Auto Crap

[Rearranged to mozilla-preferred top-quote, bottom-post format]

> Good Guy wrote:
>> On 20/02/2018 22:08, Mozillian wrote:
>>> How do I turn off the automatic double line-feed that creates all
>>> these damn blank lines that I cannot get rid of ?????

>>> When I hit return I want the next line.
>>> If I want a paragraph I will hit return twice !

>>> This is just toooo much "help" .... NOT !

>> Uncheck the box as shown in this picture:

>> https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png <https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png>

> NO PICTURE SEEN !

It shows for me. What it shows is:

Tools --> Options --> Composition --> [General tab]

and make sure the "Use Paragraph format instead of Body Text by
default" option is UNchecked.

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

Pauline Smith

Feb 24, 2018, 1:28:05 PM2/24/18
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Thank you for describing what is in the picture.  When people post such
things, please give a description of the photos.  Myself and other
visually impaired subscribers to the list will appreciate such explanations.

Pauline

On 2/24/2018 3:04 AM, Ken Whiton wrote:
> *-* On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:48:17 -0800,
> *-* In Article
> <mailman.480.1519434126....@lists.mozilla.org>,
> *-* Mozillian wrote
> *-* About Re: Auto Crap
>
>      [Rearranged to mozilla-preferred top-quote, bottom-post format]
>
>> Good Guy wrote:

>>> Uncheck the box as shown in this picture:
>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png <https://i.imgur.com/4167mKW.png>

P Rawbone

Mar 2, 2018, 11:47:30 AM3/2/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org

What a shame that Mozillian didn't have the courtesy to thank those who sent a reply.

--

Cheers

Peter