Change Lightning refresh calendar interval

Autumn

Nov 14, 2015, 7:06:54 PM11/14/15
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello.

I'm new to Lightning. I imported a calendar from an ics file and it
synchronizes well when I make changes, but it also auto-refreshes on its
own every 20 minutes or so. I would like to change this interval so that
it doesn't do it that often because I don't make changes to my calendar
all day. I would like it to refresh at least every day.

If this is not possible I'd rather have the auto-refresh feature
disabled and only synchronize it when I click on the button and at startup.

Thanks

Christian Riechers

Nov 15, 2015, 6:38:21 AM11/15/15
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Open the calendar tab. Right-click the calendar in the left pane -
Properties.
Set the desired update interval. I don't think once a day is possible
though, but you can chose 'Manually'.

Ken Whiton

Nov 15, 2015, 10:51:26 AM11/15/15
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
*-* On Sat, 14 Nov 2015, at 19:06:43 -0500,
*-* In Article
<mailman.6569.1447546011....@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* Autumn wrote
*-* About Change Lightning refresh calendar interval
You'll probably get more (and more knowledgeable) answers in the
mozilla.support.calendar newsgroup.

> Thanks

You're welcome.

[Cross-posted and Followup set to mozilla.support.calendar]

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

Autumn

Nov 15, 2015, 6:05:35 PM11/15/15
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
I'd already replied to this message but it didn't seem to get through.

When I right click and select calendar properties I don't see any option
to set update interval, only name, color, location and email.

Autumn

Nov 15, 2015, 7:23:20 PM11/15/15
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
On 11/15/2015 06:37 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:
OK, I just found out why there wasn't even an option to change the
refresh interval. I had everything in Home, the default calendar. I
created a new calendar and moved everything there and I can now see the
option.
I selected "Manually" and I expected a prompt or something asking me for
a time interval but nothing appeared. What did I miss?

Tanstaafl

Nov 16, 2015, 7:12:50 AM11/16/15
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
On 11/15/2015 7:22 PM, Autumn <aut...@year.dca1.giganews.com> wrote:
> OK, I just found out why there wasn't even an option to change the
> refresh interval. I had everything in Home, the default calendar.

The Home calendar is local only, so nothing to sync.

> I created a new calendar and moved everything there and I can now see
> the option.

So it must be a google or other online calendar?

> I selected "Manually" and I expected a prompt or something asking me for
> a time interval but nothing appeared. What did I miss?

The fact that 'Manually' means just that... it will only Sync/Refresh
when you tell it to.

If you want to set a refresh interval other than the two times provided,
you'll have to do that in about:config...

Warning: untested...

Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Config Editor

Filter on 'calendar.reg' (minus the quotes)

Find your calendar's name, then change the
calendar.registry.CalendarI-ID.refreshInterval' item to the interval (in
seconds) you want it to refresh.

Autumn

Nov 16, 2015, 6:51:24 PM11/16/15
On 11/16/2015 06:44 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> So it must be a google or other online calendar?

Yes, a google calendar (read only)

> The fact that 'Manually' means just that... it will only Sync/Refresh
> when you tell it to.

I see, I was misunderstanding the meaning of the option

> If you want to set a refresh interval other than the two times provided,
> you'll have to do that in about:config...
>
> Warning: untested...
>
> Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Config Editor
>
> Filter on 'calendar.reg' (minus the quotes)
>
> Find your calendar's name, then change the
> calendar.registry.CalendarI-ID.refreshInterval' item to the interval (in
> seconds) you want it to refresh.

If "Manually" doesn't work well for my needs, I might go that route.
Thanks for the info!