Profile colors for pages: how to choose them among ANY colors, not only the chosen pallete?

Balaco

Dec 9, 2017, 1:00:38 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I force the use different colors in Firefox most of the time (Edit ->
Pref -> Content -> button "Colors").

For all these options (see attachment), I want to use arbitrary colors.
Not only that small set of different colors.

How can I do it?

Balaco

Dec 9, 2017, 1:02:05 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

WaltS48

Dec 9, 2017, 1:07:50 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Do any of the pages you edit invoke the Reader View icon in the address bar?

Just click it and set the background to Dark, and experiment with the
other options.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages>

There is no attachment to view.

If it is an image, post it to an image hosting site and put the link to
it in a reply.

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Balaco

Dec 9, 2017, 1:18:13 PM12/9/17
Em 09-12-2017 16:07, WaltS48 escreveu:
> There is no attachment to view.
>
> If it is an image, post it to an image hosting site and put the link to
> it in a reply.

What happens to attachments when we send a mail with them, in the mirror
mailing list?

dillinger

Dec 9, 2017, 3:42:43 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
They are dropped, attachments are not allowed on news.mozilla.org,
except for testing purposes in mozilla.test.multimedia.

WaltS48

Dec 9, 2017, 5:05:54 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Or if you post in HTML and include the link to an image like Good Guy
does in his posts.

Balaco

Dec 9, 2017, 5:48:34 PM12/9/17
Em 09-12-2017 20:05, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/9/17 3:33 PM, dillinger wrote:

>>> What happens to attachments when we send a mail with them, in the
>>> mirror mailing list?
>> They are dropped, attachments are not allowed on news.mozilla.org,
>> except for testing purposes in mozilla.test.multimedia.
>>

> Or if you post in HTML and include the link to an image like Good Guy
> does in his posts.

I know how to do that, do not worry. But I wanted the image data to be
permanent, that is why I did like that. These image services may
eventually erase these files, so we (possibly) will not access many of
them after sometime. And that is something bad, in my opinion.

The image I put here is pretty small! I made it small as possible on
purpose. Less than 40 KiB, and it is PNG.

WaltS48

Dec 9, 2017, 6:16:47 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
My images on Imgur go back 12 years.

Here is one from 4 years ago.

dillinger

Dec 9, 2017, 6:30:43 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Size doesn't matter, it's an attachment.

Now back to the question: filter on color in about:config and change
whatever color you want.
You can use #00000 or #000 or black or rgb(0,0,0), whatever you prefer.
Obviously black is just an example.
You may have to set browser.display.document_color_use to 2, depending
on what color you want to change, be prepared for a big mess.
If you want to save the colors you changed you can put them in user.js

Ed Mullen

Dec 9, 2017, 8:04:42 PM12/9/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
On 12/9/2017 at 12:59 PM, Balaco created this epitome of digital genius:
You need to put attachments online and include a link in your message.
The support groups don't allow attachments.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Jeff Layman

Dec 10, 2017, 4:53:21 AM12/10/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
?

Then how does the compulsive multiposter (Gerardjan) attach a *.vcf to
most of his posts in mozilla.general? And just for good measure, on 1
December he added a 42kB *.eml file as well to his post "open office is
easier than office libre"! Message-ID:
<c3f71696-5601-a520...@gmail.com>

--

Jeff

Balaco

Dec 10, 2017, 6:15:24 AM12/10/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
+1

How is that?

WaltS48

Dec 10, 2017, 8:44:33 AM12/10/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
They are not image attachments.

Balaco

Dec 10, 2017, 12:04:58 PM12/10/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
So? Is there a kind of attachment allowed? Which ones?

There are so many posts with "floating images" (the links for them, I
mean) that this should be considered as something important to exist in
these groups and mailing lists. Giving screenshots to help getting
support is something basic! Did not need to be external.

Chris Ilias

Dec 10, 2017, 3:55:10 PM12/10/17
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Balaco,
Again, your posting address does not appear to be valid, so this message
is being posted here.

In the time since I sent you the message about your habit of posting
off-topic messages, and explained how to move discussions somewhere else
(like the mozilla.general), I haven't seen any change in your behaviour
or any attempt to move off-topic discussion elsewhere.

The purpose of warning is to help you understand the rules before it
gets to the point of moderation. It's clear to me that you're either not
willing to follow the posting rules or you're unable to, and informing
you about the your habit of posting off-topic messages is having no effect.

As per <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/cancellation/>, this
message is to inform you that your future posts will be held for
moderator approval before making it to the forum.

If you'd like to reply to this message, please email me with a valid
return address, thanks. Replies to this message posted in the newsgroup
will be removed.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>