Unable to create new events - TBird 52.0.1 / Lightning 5.4

cas...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2017, 9:26:57 AM4/25/17
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Using:
----------
Thunderbird 52.0.1 (32-bit) with Lightning 5.4 (also tried 5.4b4) on Windows 7 (64-bit).

Problem:
----------
When attempting to create a new Event, the expected window opens, but it is a fixed size and does not display any of the new event fields (basically the main area of the window is gray). All of the menu and toolbar items appear to work correctly.

Right clicking directly in Calendar and selecting "New event" results in the same bad behavior.

Research:
----------
1. I have tested this on two different machines. Both reproduce the same problem.
2. Uninstalled Lightning and reinstalled.
3. Tested various versions of Lightning.
4. Created new Thunderbird profile.

No change in bad behavior regardless of the above attempts.

I can find no way to create new events. This appears to be a bug.

Any thoughts?

WaltS48

Apr 25, 2017, 10:13:18 AM4/25/17
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Lightning 5.4.0.1? That is what is installed in My Thunderbird 52.0.1.

Google Calendar or desktop calendar?

I have no trouble creating new events. I only have desktop calendars.

Philipp Kewisch

Apr 25, 2017, 12:31:13 PM4/25/17
to cas...@gmail.com
On 4/25/17 3:18 PM, cas...@gmail.com wrote:
> Using:
> ----------
> Thunderbird 52.0.1 (32-bit) with Lightning 5.4 (also tried 5.4b4) on Windows 7 (64-bit).
>
> Problem:
> ----------
> When attempting to create a new Event, the expected window opens, but it is a fixed size and does not display any of the new event fields (basically the main area of the window is gray). All of the menu and toolbar items appear to work correctly.
>
> Right clicking directly in Calendar and selecting "New event" results in the same bad behavior.

Are you getting any error console messages?

cas...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2017, 1:34:24 PM4/26/17
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Philipp,

Yes, there are errors when I attempt to open the New Event window.

TypeError: window.calendarItem is undefined[Learn More] calendar-dialog-utils.js:402:1
getCurrentCalendar chrome://calendar/content/calendar-dialog-utils.js:402:1
eventDialogOverlay.onLoad chrome://obet/content/obel/eventDialogOverlay.js:45:20
<anonymous> chrome://obet/content/obel/eventDialogOverlay.js:186:3
TypeError: this.chromeUtilsWindow.openUILinkIn is not a function[Learn More] hudservice.js:425:5

Mike

Philipp Kewisch

Apr 26, 2017, 6:37:16 PM4/26/17
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Looks like this is an add-on at fault:
chrome://obet/content/obel/eventDialogOverlay.js:186:3

I don't know which one this is though.

Philipp

Stefan Sitter

Apr 29, 2017, 1:27:16 PM4/29/17
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
OBET could be Oracle Beehive Extensions for Thunderbird.

Mike, do you use this extension? If yes: Disable it and test if this
fixes the problem. Maybe the extension was not yet updated for
Thunderbird 52 and Lightning 5.4.

/Stefan

cas...@gmail.com

May 1, 2017, 10:32:13 AM5/1/17
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Stefan,

That was it. The Oracle Beehive Extension was causing a conflict. Guess I need to check with them. For now, disabling fixed the issue and I can move forward.

Thank you.

Mike