FSA study guides for Mozilla Location Service

Irvin Chen

Feb 25, 2014, 1:22:47 PM2/25/14
to Mozilla Reps - General, V字龍 博仁 林, Estela Liu, how...@gmail.com
Hi all,

Recently Estela[1] and I are working on making local FSA activity
instructions, in order to help newly signed-up FSA member to get a better
on-boarding self-instruction materials besides current "Started Guide"[2]
structure.

We decided to use Thimble for making the guide, in-order for people and for
FSAs to remix.
And my very first guide[3] is instruction about Mozilla Location Service
(MozStumbler).

I feel it may be useful for some of you, so we'd translate the guide into
English with some community members help,
https://irvinfly.makes.org/thimble/fsa-quests-mozilla-location-services

Please freely remix as you wish, thanks.

Irvin
MozTW, Taiwan community

[1] Welcome our newly paid-staff rep from MoCo-Taipei office,
https://reps.mozilla.org/u/Estela/
[2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/StudentAmbassadors/Activities/Startup_Guide
[3] Guide in Chinese,
https://irvinfly.makes.org/thimble/optional-fsa-activities-mozilla-location-services

--
@ irvinfly: community liaison
moztw.org Mozilla Taiwan community

Faye Tandog

Feb 25, 2014, 7:58:04 PM2/25/14
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Tanha IslamPhizkdayvil, Katherine Naszradi
Looks awesome Irvin! Thanks for this!

Tagging Tanha and Kate, you might find this useful, especially in the club
leads training.

Harsha Vardhan

Feb 25, 2014, 9:27:54 PM2/25/14
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Katherine Naszradi, Tanha IslamPhizkdayvil
Great work Irvin. It would be very useful for FSAs for being more
independent and learn more. Thank You
--
Thanks

Harsha Vardhan
ReMo
Mozilla Reps- India

Ratul Minhaz

Feb 25, 2014, 11:36:13 PM2/25/14
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Katherine Naszradi, Tanha IslamPhizkdayvil
I really liked it! It sure is a comprehensive guide. I agree with Harsha
too, FSAs need to feel a little more independent with these sort of guides
that don't require group activities.

Sincerely,
Ratul Minhaz
about.me/minhaz.ratul

Irvin Chen

Feb 26, 2014, 12:03:43 AM2/26/14
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Katherine Naszradi, Tanha IslamPhizkdayvil
Hi All,

Glad you liked our trial.

We have a discussion a month ago about on-boarding FSA,
and we draft a plan for making guides for all activities in 5-step,
but it's still under very slow working progress. (currently only me and
Estela working on this.)

I'd like to see guides for below topics and the object of each,

* Introduction to Mozilla
- Webmaker tools: learning webmaker and make something
- Get know to Mozilla: watch intro video and some speech records, and open
Mozillians accounts
- Mozilla mission: understand the Mozilla Manifesto, and share the feeling
with others

* Mozilla Projects
- Firefox: use Firefox (totally for 2 weeks) deeply and share your feeling
with friends.
- Other projects: search for other Mozilla projects, know the relationship
between each and get in touch with local contributors to known which
projects they contributed to.
- Get involved in a project: Find a interesting projects and contribute for
2 weeks, then share your feeling.

This is just a draft we came out, and I believed it will took FSA hald year
to accomplish all.
Then it'll reach the time for me to vouch for them, and for them to decide
what to do after on-boarding period.

Robert Kaiser

Feb 26, 2014, 11:14:49 AM2/26/14
Irvin Chen schrieb:
> And my very first guide[3] is instruction about Mozilla Location Service
> (MozStumbler).

You should post about that in dev-geolocation, as the Mozilla Location
Services community is hanging out there.

KaiRo

Irvin Chen

Feb 27, 2014, 1:43:31 AM2/27/14
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list
Hi KaiRo, thanks for the suggestion, I'll post to there absolutely!