Mozillians.org and BrowserId: Two clicks. That’s it.

Aakash Desai

Dec 28, 2011, 1:48:32 PM12/28/11
to mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Mozillians!

I'm here to announce that Mozillians.org has gotten on the BrowserId gravy train and now has a re-worked login and registration flow using the service. Login takes 2 clicks. Registration takes the same number of clicks, but with a few required fields. That's pretty slick. Try it out and enjoy at http://www.mozillians.org/ !

A big thank you to tofumatt, ozten, ednapiranha, davedash, benadida, lloyd, Jason, Jabba, cshields, mbrandt, tchung, nhirata, rbillings and Milos for their fantastic contributions and making this release a success!

For more information, take a look at the release blogpost: http://aakash.doesthings.com/2011/12/28/mozillians-org-and-browserid-two-clicks-thats-it/

Thanks,
Aakash Desai
Product Manager, Engagement Tools
Mozillians Profile: http://mzl.la/aakashd

Brian King

Dec 29, 2011, 6:00:06 AM12/29/11
to Aakash Desai, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Just a note for those who have a previous email setup on browserid that is
different from your current Mozillians email. You will have to add your
Mozillians email to browserid and use that, otherwise Mozillians will not
recognise you.

- Brian

Brian King

Swarnava Sengupta

Dec 29, 2011, 6:21:13 AM12/29/11
to mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
I cannot login to mozillians via my mobile anymore.:(

On 12/29/11, Aakash Desai <ade...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hello Mozillians!
>
> I'm here to announce that Mozillians.org has gotten on the BrowserId gravy
> train and now has a re-worked login and registration flow using the service.
> Login takes 2 clicks. Registration takes the same number of clicks, but with
> a few required fields. That's pretty slick. Try it out and enjoy at
> http://www.mozillians.org/ !
>
> A big thank you to tofumatt, ozten, ednapiranha, davedash, benadida, lloyd,
> Jason, Jabba, cshields, mbrandt, tchung, nhirata, rbillings and Milos for
> their fantastic contributions and making this release a success!
>
> For more information, take a look at the release blogpost:
> http://aakash.doesthings.com/2011/12/28/mozillians-org-and-browserid-two-clicks-thats-it/
>
> Thanks,
> Aakash Desai
> Product Manager, Engagement Tools
> Mozillians Profile: http://mzl.la/aakashd

Swarnava Sengupta
Mozilla Reps <https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo> Council Member
SUMO <http://support.mozilla.com> KB Reviewer, Bengali Localization Lead,
Twitter support Lead
Kaspersky <http://kaspersky.com> Lab Gold Beta Tester
Utorrent <http://utorrent.com> Localizer
http://www.mozilla.org/contribute
Facebook;- HeavenGOD <http://www.facebook.com/heavengod>
twitter: @h34v3ngd <http://twitter.com/h34v3ng0d>
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Heavengod>

Armen Zambrano G.

Jan 10, 2012, 2:23:57 PM1/10/12
How can I sign it unless I have a version of Firefox that does not yet
support BrowserID?
What about if they used Chrome or IE?

Wes Kocher

Jan 10, 2012, 2:30:43 PM1/10/12
to Armen Zambrano G., mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Sign-in to Mozillians worked just fine for me on Chrome and IE9.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Armen Zambrano G. <arm...@mozilla.com>wrote:

> How can I sign it unless I have a version of Firefox that does not yet
> support BrowserID?
> What about if they used Chrome or IE?
>
> On 11-12-28 1:48 PM, Aakash Desai wrote:
>
>> Hello Mozillians!
>>
>> I'm here to announce that Mozillians.org has gotten on the BrowserId
>> gravy train and now has a re-worked login and registration flow using the
>> service. Login takes 2 clicks. Registration takes the same number of
>> clicks, but with a few required fields. That's pretty slick. Try it out and
>> enjoy at http://www.mozillians.org/ !
>>
>> A big thank you to tofumatt, ozten, ednapiranha, davedash, benadida,
>> lloyd, Jason, Jabba, cshields, mbrandt, tchung, nhirata, rbillings and
>> Milos for their fantastic contributions and making this release a success!
>>
>> For more information, take a look at the release blogpost:
>> http://aakash.doesthings.com/**2011/12/28/mozillians-org-and-**
>> browserid-two-clicks-thats-it/<http://aakash.doesthings.com/2011/12/28/mozillians-org-and-browserid-two-clicks-thats-it/>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Aakash Desai
>> Product Manager, Engagement Tools
>> Mozillians Profile: http://mzl.la/aakashd

Armen Zambrano G.

Jan 10, 2012, 2:33:25 PM1/10/12
I'm using Firefox 10 Beta; should it work? or not yet?

Wes Kocher

Jan 10, 2012, 2:37:35 PM1/10/12
to Armen Zambrano G., mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Also works for me in Firefox 9. I don't think I have beta installed on my
computer at the moment, but I don't see why it wouldn't work there.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Armen Zambrano G. <arm...@mozilla.com>wrote:

> I'm using Firefox 10 Beta; should it work? or not yet?
>

> On 12-01-10 2:30 PM, Wes Kocher wrote:
>
>> Sign-in to Mozillians worked just fine for me on Chrome and IE9.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Armen Zambrano G.<arm...@mozilla.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> How can I sign it unless I have a version of Firefox that does not yet
>>> support BrowserID?
>>> What about if they used Chrome or IE?
>>>
>>> On 11-12-28 1:48 PM, Aakash Desai wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Mozillians!

Josh Matthews

Jan 10, 2012, 2:43:59 PM1/10/12
to Armen Zambrano G., mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
BrowserID is implemented such that if there is no integrated BrowserID
component in the current browser, it falls back to a cross-browser JS
implementation. Short answer, yes.

Cheers,
Josh

Armen Zambrano G.

Jan 10, 2012, 2:52:50 PM1/10/12
Not working for me with:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/10.0