New module proposal: Remote Protocol

Andreas Tolfsen

May 13, 2019, 5:50:51 AM5/13/19
to governance
Good morning all,

I would like to propose the creation of a module for a forthcoming
new remote debugging protocol in Gecko. We have had a small team
working on implementing a subset of CDP since December, and feel
that time is ripe for the module list to reflect this new, discrete
code unit.

NAME

Remote Protocol

DESCRIPTION

Low-level remote protocol exposing interfaces for inspecting
state and controlling execution of web documents, instrumenting
various subsystems in the browser, simulating user interaction
for automation purposes, and for subscribing to updates from
the aforementioned.

OWNER

Andreas Tolfsen (ato)

PEERS

Alexandre Poirot (ochameau), Yulia Startsev (yulia)

SOURCE DIRS

remote/

BUGZILLA COMPONENT

Remote Protocol :: *

URLS

https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/remote/
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Remote

DISCUSSION GROUP

dev-r...@lists.mozilla.org

Andreas Tolfsen

May 25, 2019, 8:36:28 AM5/25/19
to governance
Also sprach Andreas Tolfsen:

> I would like to propose the creation of a module for a forthcoming
> new remote debugging protocol in Gecko. We have had a small team
> working on implementing a subset of CDP since December, and feel
> that time is ripe for the module list to reflect this new, discrete
> code unit.

We received no opposition to its creation, so I have effectuated
this by updating the wiki:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All#Remote_Protocol

albertk...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 5:45:50 PM6/28/19
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
ok I will learn the process and probably upgrade after I have mastered this free account thank you ALBERT