Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian

darry...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2019, 7:08:11 PM12/24/19

I wish to donate money to Mozilla. I am from Australia.

I tried looking in the Donation FAQ - https://donate.mozilla.org/faq but couldn't find an answer.

What is the lowest transaction cost to donate to Mozilla so the most amount goes to the mission. Whilst for my small donation it would not make much difference over all of the donations recieved in a year it would.

Does Stripe or PayPal give reduced fees since Mozilla is a not for profit?

Would an Australian credit card be the lowest? I also have some US dollars in a transferwise account so can transfer to a US bank account or Euro bank account or UK bank account.

Please provide a question and answer in the Donation FAQ.

Thanks
Darryn

Balaco ocalaB

Dec 24, 2019, 8:55:55 PM12/24/19
I am not even close to be in a position that can help you in what is or
not the Mozilla's position. But have you ever heard of IBAN? This is an
acronym for International Bank Account Number. It is an account number
that exists in many countries, and we can use it to, for example,
transfer money from our usual accounts, in our country's bank accounts,
to an account of someone or something in another country.

If Australia bank accounts have IBAN, you should be able to find the
IBAN number for your account(s) fairly easy.

So, if the taxes and anything we pay for these uses are not too big, it
may be useful to use for donations.

--
=
quem você é?

2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
2.b. You may do it here:

https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Wolf K

Dec 24, 2019, 9:19:59 PM12/24/19
In my experience, VISA has the lowest currency conversion costs.
However, if you have some reward feature(s) on your card, these raise
the costs for the merchant (payee).

The fee structure for credit cards is AFAIK essentially the same
everywhere. VISA, any 3rd party transaction processor, and the issuing
bank all get get a fee from the payee.

However, all methods of payment attract fees, levied on the payor, the
payee, or both.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

darry...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2019, 1:29:42 AM12/25/19
On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 12:19:59 UTC+10, Wolf K wrote:
> On 2019-12-24 19:08, dar...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wish to donate money to Mozilla. I am from Australia.
>
> However, all methods of payment attract fees, levied on the payor, the
> payee, or both.

I forgot to mention. I've read through

* https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/73694/how-much-percent-will-wikipedia-receive-from-small-donations-done-via-paypal
* https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/73694/how-much-percent-will-wikipedia-receive-from-small-donations-done-via-paypal
* https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/28065/should-i-give-to-charity-by-check-or-credit-card/63209#63209

Do you think it's a good idea to put it buried in the FAQ so people like me who are motivated to donate can find this information?

Daniel

Dec 25, 2019, 4:54:19 AM12/25/19
darry...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/19 11:08:
Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's north-east
suburbs!!

As to your question, if you were wanting to donate directly to the
SeaMonkey Suite (an off-shoot of Mozilla) you could try
http://seamonkey-project.org/donate/

If you were looking to donate more generally to Mozilla, if you look at
almost the very bottom of http://seamonkey-project.org/donate/ it says
that Mozilla Corp is part of the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation and
links to https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/ , where, near the top-right,
there is a 'Donate' button.

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

David E. Ross

Dec 25, 2019, 11:26:21 AM12/25/19
I am in the United States. I do not have or want a PayPal account.
Banks here charge a fee for wire transfers that can be a significant
amount relative to small donations.

I would suggest that the SeaMonkey group establish an agent here in the
U.S. to receive U.S. dollars as donations and bundle them for forwarding
via wire transfer or PayPal. That would require establishing a bank
account in the U.S. for depositing donations.

Note: I can transfer U.S. dollars electronically to another U.S. entity
(person, business, or organization) without paying any fee. I do this
twice monthly when I pay bills and occasionally when I send money to my
daughter.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own. Energizer and Eveready
batteries are okay.

Ken Whiton

Dec 26, 2019, 3:53:03 AM12/26/19
*-* On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, at 20:54:15 +1100,
*-* In Article <bdSdnVW1zMpbrJ7D...@mozilla.org>,
*-* Daniel wrote
*-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian

> darry...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/19 11:08:
>> Hi,

>> I wish to donate money to Mozilla. I am from Australia.

[ ... ]

> Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
> currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's north-east
> suburbs!!

According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
Greenslopes, Queensland.

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

Daniel

Dec 27, 2019, 3:39:57 AM12/27/19
Ken Whiton wrote on 26/12/19 19:52:
> *-* On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, at 20:54:15 +1100,
> *-* In Article <bdSdnVW1zMpbrJ7D...@mozilla.org>,
> *-* Daniel wrote
> *-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian
>
>> darry...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/19 11:08:
>>> Hi,
>
>>> I wish to donate money to Mozilla. I am from Australia.
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
>> currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's north-east
>> suburbs!!
>
> According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
> Greenslopes, Queensland.
>
> Ken Whiton

Ah. Thank you, Ken, I didn't even think to try that ... but, then again,
if I did think of it, I wouldn't have known how!! ;-(

When I'm at home, I post using an ISP about 225km/140miles away from my
home, so even knowing where they supposedly are, does not necessarily
tell you where they are .... but, then again, I might be unusual!! ;-P

GerardJan

Dec 27, 2019, 5:16:45 AM12/27/19
Daniel wrote on 12/27/2019 09:39 AM:
> Ken Whiton wrote on 26/12/19 19:52:
>> *-* On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, at 20:54:15 +1100,
>> *-* In Article <bdSdnVW1zMpbrJ7D...@mozilla.org>,
>> *-* Daniel wrote
>> *-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian

>>            [ ... ]
>>
>>> Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
>>> currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's north-east
>>> suburbs!!
>>
>>       According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
>> Greenslopes, Queensland.
>>
>>                                          Ken Whiton
>>
> Ah. Thank you, Ken, I didn't even think to try that ... but, then again, if I
> did think of it, I wouldn't have known how!! ;-(
>
> When I'm at home, I post using an ISP about 225km/140miles away from my home,
> so  even knowing where they supposedly are, does not necessarily tell you where
> they are .... but, then again, I might be unusual!! ;-P

/Daniel/, did you get my question aabout coded packages ?

--
Gérard Vinkesteijn Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
-- Albert Einstein

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190526051124

Daniel

Dec 27, 2019, 8:42:20 PM12/27/19
GerardJan wrote on 27/12/19 21:16:
> Daniel wrote on 12/27/2019 09:39 AM:
>> Ken Whiton wrote on 26/12/19 19:52:
>>> *-* On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, at 20:54:15 +1100,
>>> *-* In Article <bdSdnVW1zMpbrJ7D...@mozilla.org>,
>>> *-* Daniel wrote
>>> *-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian

>>>            [ ... ]

>>>       According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
>>> Greenslopes, Queensland.
>>>
>>>                                          Ken Whiton
>>>
>> Ah. Thank you, Ken, I didn't even think to try that ... but, then
>> again, if I did think of it, I wouldn't have known how!! ;-(
>>
>> When I'm at home, I post using an ISP about 225km/140miles away from
>> my home, so  even knowing where they supposedly are, does not
>> necessarily tell you where they are .... but, then again, I might be
>> unusual!! ;-P
>>

> /Daniel/, did you get my question aabout coded packages ?

No!

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

GerardJan

Dec 28, 2019, 12:33:46 AM12/28/19
Dear Daniel
again:
Is there also a coded package for Fedora 64bit Linux ?

--
Gérard Rudersdorff

Daniel

Ken Whiton

Dec 28, 2019, 3:38:08 AM12/28/19
*-* On Fri, 27 Dec 2019, at 19:39:53 +1100,
*-* In Article <6JOdnXK8v53KXpjD...@mozilla.org>,
*-* Daniel wrote
*-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian

> Ken Whiton wrote on 26/12/19 19:52:
>> *-* Daniel wrote

>> [ ... ]

>>> Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
>>> currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's
>>> north-east suburbs!!

>> According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
>> Greenslopes, Queensland.

> Ah. Thank you, Ken, I didn't even think to try that ... but, then
> again, if I did think of it, I wouldn't have known how!! ;-(

> When I'm at home, I post using an ISP about 225km/140miles away from
> my home, so even knowing where they supposedly are, does not
> necessarily tell you where they are .... but, then again, I might be
> unusual!! ;-P

Your IP address is assigned by your ISP to your computer (or to
your router if you have a local network) and identifies a location at
or near where you are, not where your ISP is located. Your IP address
from a post you made October 4 put you in or near Warragul, Victoria
at that time. Your IP address from the post I'm responding to puts
you in or near Montmorency, Victoria currently.

Daniel

Dec 28, 2019, 6:02:48 AM12/28/19
Ken Whiton wrote on 28/12/19 19:38:
Warragul!! O.K., that's somewhere different!!

Montmorency!! Spot On!! I'm dog-sitting for my sister's family whilst
they are in Great Britain!

I have previously shown up as located at Alice Springs (Central
Australia) and the Gold Coast, Southern Queensland, too!! And both of
those were whilst I actually was in Albury-Wodonga!

To connect to my ISP I usually use a 3G Dongle to connect from my
computer into one of Australia's Telecos systems and I'm guessing that
my location is showing as wherever my signal drops out of the Teleco's
system onto landline, before connecting to my ISP's servers which,
apparently, are located in Sydney by landline!!

So who knows where I am!! ;-P

darry...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2019, 6:10:08 PM12/29/19
On Thursday, 26 December 2019 18:53:03 UTC+10, Ken Whiton wrote:
> *-* On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, at 20:54:15 +1100,
> *-* In Article <bdSdnVW1zMpbrJ7D...@mozilla.org>,
> *-* Daniel wrote
> *-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian
>
> > darr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/12/19 11:08:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> I wish to donate money to Mozilla. I am from Australia.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
> > currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's north-east
> > suburbs!!
>
> According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
> Greenslopes, Queensland.
>
> Ken Whiton
> --
> FIDO: 1:132/152
> InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

Ken is vaguely correct. I'm located in Brisbane, Australia.

So far I haven't got much satisfactory answers. I've posted on Reddit as well as here.

Thanks everyone for their reponses though.

Daniel

Dec 29, 2019, 7:17:30 PM12/29/19
darry...@gmail.com wrote on 30/12/19 10:10:
> On Thursday, 26 December 2019 18:53:03 UTC+10, Ken Whiton wrote:
>> *-* On Wed, 25 Dec 2019, at 20:54:15 +1100,
>> *-* In Article <bdSdnVW1zMpbrJ7D...@mozilla.org>,
>> *-* Daniel wrote
>> *-* About Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian

>> [ ... ]
>>
>>> Darryn, first things first .... Where in Australia are you?? I'm
>>> currently dog-sitting for my sister's family in Melbourne's north-east
>>> suburbs!!
>>
>> According to his/her IP address, he/she is posting from
>> Greenslopes, Queensland.
>>
>> Ken Whiton
>> --
>> FIDO: 1:132/152
>> InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
>
> Ken is vaguely correct. I'm located in Brisbane, Australia.

O.K., I've worked at Enoggera, Acacia Ridge and (was it) Greenbank ....
back in the day!!

> So far I haven't got much satisfactory answers. I've posted on Reddit as well as here.
>
> Thanks everyone for their reponses though.

Did you read my earlier post where I gave you links for donating to
either Mozilla Foundation and to the SeaMonkey Project??

darry...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2019, 7:23:06 PM12/29/19
On Monday, 30 December 2019 10:17:30 UTC+10, Daniel wrote:
> darr...@gmail.com wrote on 30/12/19 10:10:
I politely ignored it because it wasn't answering my question. I implied I already knew about that link when I posted link to the Donation FAQ to mozilla in my opening post.

My question is what is the best way to do so with the lowest transaction fees to both parties.

I'm not interesting in donating to SeaMonkey as the person I'm donating for suggested Mozilla whilst SeaMonkey is a different organization.

> --
> Daniel

WaltS48

Dec 29, 2019, 8:17:34 PM12/29/19
On 12/29/19 7:23 PM, darry...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, 30 December 2019 10:17:30 UTC+10, Daniel wrote:
>> darr...@gmail.com wrote on 30/12/19 10:10:

>>> Ken is vaguely correct. I'm located in Brisbane, Australia.
>>
>> O.K., I've worked at Enoggera, Acacia Ridge and (was it) Greenbank ....
>> back in the day!!
>>
>>> So far I haven't got much satisfactory answers. I've posted on Redditas well as here.
>>>
>>> Thanks everyone for their reponses though.
>>>
>> Did you read my earlier post where I gave you links for donating to
>> either Mozilla Foundation and to the SeaMonkey Project??
>

> I politely ignored it because it wasn't answering my question. I implied I already knew about that link when I posted link to the Donation FAQ to mozilla in my opening post.
>
> My question is what is the best way to do so with the lowest transaction fees to both parties.
>
> I'm not interesting in donating to SeaMonkey as the person I'm donatingfor suggested Mozilla whilst SeaMonkey is a different organization.

Thunderbird also needs donations. 💰

<https://donate.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/>

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

GerardJan

Dec 29, 2019, 10:04:33 PM12/29/19
to David Vinkesteijn, kenwhiton
Daniel wrote on 12/30/19 1:17 AM:
i forwarded your news-message to my son, he wants to live in /Brisbane/

GerardJan

Dec 30, 2019, 9:29:09 AM12/30/19
to gen...@lists.mozilla.org
/from my son David in NY/

--
Gérard Vinkesteijn Rudersdorff

https://facebook/gerardjan.vinkesteijn

Re: Donation - Lowest transaction fee for an Australian.eml