"Firefox - PimpUigi Edition"

»Q«

May 18, 2014, 12:59:42 PM5/18/14
"Firefox - PimpUigi Edition"
<http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786>

How's that for a bad idea?

Since it seems to be using Mozilla's branding, I reported it to Mozilla.

Ray_Net

May 18, 2014, 5:27:43 PM5/18/14
A customisation of FireFox is still a FireFox product ... no ?
FireFox is a mozilla product ... no ?

»Q«

May 18, 2014, 6:06:51 PM5/18/14
In <news:Z72dnZzFUeZNuOTO...@mozilla.org>,
Ray_Net <TBRRaymond...@TBRscarlet.be> wrote:
I'm not clear on what you're trying to ask. You might want to read
Mozilla's trademark policy and the FAQ about it.

<https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy/>

<https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/faq/>

Roger

May 19, 2014, 10:40:18 AM5/19/14
Read this: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/
---

»Q«

May 19, 2014, 11:08:42 AM5/19/14
In <news:IJmdnaTAy_FMiufO...@mozilla.org>,
Roger <nos...@anymail.com> wrote:

> On 18/05/2014 11:59, »Q« wrote:
> > "Firefox - PimpUigi Edition"
> > <http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786>
> >
> > How's that for a bad idea?
> >
> > Since it seems to be using Mozilla's branding, I reported it to
> > Mozilla.

> Read this: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/

Mozilla's branding stuff isn't licensed under the MPL.

> ---
> protection is active. http://www.avast.com

There should be a checkbox somewhere in avast! to disable its
spamvertising misfeature.

jetjock

May 19, 2014, 11:29:47 AM5/19/14
There is. Under "Settings", "Active Protection". Click the little gear
icon in "Mail Shield" and uncheck the box for "Scan outbound mail SMTP".

Morgana

May 19, 2014, 11:43:03 AM5/19/14
On 19-May-2014 11:08, ᅵQᅵ wrote:
> In <news:IJmdnaTAy_FMiufO...@mozilla.org>,
> Roger <nos...@anymail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 18/05/2014 11:59, »Q« wrote:
>>> "Firefox - PimpUigi Edition"
>>> <http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786>
>>>
>>> How's that for a bad idea?
>>>
>>> Since it seems to be using Mozilla's branding, I reported it to
>>> Mozilla.
>
>> Read this: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/
>
> Mozilla's branding stuff isn't licensed under the MPL.
>
>> ---
>> protection is active. http://www.avast.com
>
> There should be a checkbox somewhere in avast! to disable its
> spamvertising misfeature.

At least if it was a proper sig delimitor I could hide it using the
options in Quote Colors add-on. -;)

»Q«

May 19, 2014, 11:45:00 AM5/19/14
In <news:pYydnb-T1Jf3vufO...@mozilla.org>,
Isn't there any way to have it continue to scan outgoing mail but
without the advertising being added to the mail?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

May 19, 2014, 12:40:21 PM5/19/14
»Q« wrote:

> jetjock wrote:
>> »Q« wrote:
>> >
>> >There should be a checkbox somewhere in avast! to disable its
>> >spamvertising misfeature.
>>
>> There is. Under "Settings", "Active Protection". Click the little gear
>> icon in "Mail Shield" and uncheck the box for "Scan outbound mail
>> SMTP".
>
> Isn't there any way to have it continue to scan outgoing mail but
> without the advertising being added to the mail?

These instructions have been posted for other unaware Avast users:

From the avast UI > Settings > Active Protection > Mail Shield > Settings
(gear icon) > Behavior - General section > "Uncheck" Insert note into
clean message (outgoing).

You do not need to scan outgoing or incoming email or news posts.
<http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm>

--
-bts

jetjock

May 20, 2014, 11:18:17 AM5/20/14
Beauregard is right. I didn't drill deep enough into the menu. Since
there really isn't any need to scan outgoing mail (unless you are
forwarding email that you haven't scanned incoming), I didn't think to
go deeper after unchecking scan outbound.