--enable-js-shell doesn't seem to work for me with Firefox 60

petr.s...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2018, 6:35:07 AM8/7/18

I was using --enable-js-shell with Firefox 52 to get js binary so I could run 'gmake check-jit-test'.

Now with Firefox 60 it doesn't help. I see that js configure is given --disable-js-shell no matter I used --enable-js-shell in Firefox mozconfigure.

Any idea what I do wrong?

Thanks!

Petr

Steve Fink

Aug 7, 2018, 7:03:01 PM8/7/18
to petr.s...@gmail.com
Hm. Our continuous integration system is using --enable-js-shell for the
browser build, and it seems to be generating the shell. As does my local
build of Firefox 63.

https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=mozilla-inbound&selectedJob=192649972

https://taskcluster-artifacts.net/Ht9MEyFKT2ihZr5KcvieVA/0/public/logs/live_backing.log

Your mozconfig contains 'ac_add_options --enable-js-shell'? And it's
named mozconfig and is sitting in the root of the checkout that you're
building? Or alternatively, the mozconfig filename is in the environment
variable $MOZCONFIG?

petr.s...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 6:37:59 AM8/8/18
I'm running Firefox configure outside of source directory. mozconfig file is in that empty build directory. This used to work with Firefox 52.x.

Moving mozconfig file into source directory fixes the issue.

So it probably means that other options were not used too.

Is it bug? I know it's not definitely JS issue...

Thanks,

Petr