Intro of this year's GSoC File Support project

Zhen Zhang

Apr 24, 2016, 4:55:38 AM4/24/16
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, everyone

I am Zhen (@izgzhen), and in this year’s GSoC I will be working on the File Support <https://github.com/servo/servo/wiki/Summer-of-Code-2016:-File-support> project mentored by @Manishearth. It is really a pleasure to be able to work with Servo team closely this summer.

In detail, the planned TODOs include:

1. Implement the complete set of File and Blob APIs
2. Creation and manipulation of Blob URLs
3. Fill in missing support for file upload related functionalities in <input> and <form> element
4. FFI binding to a file picker UI component
5. Other related obstacles to resolve

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any particular idea on related aspects of this project.

Thanks!

- Zhen

Zhen Zhang

Apr 24, 2016, 8:43:04 AM4/24/16