NEW Certificate Manager Add-on

Kathleen Wilson

Feb 12, 2016, 4:34:47 PM2/12/16
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks to a group of students at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology for
creating a Certificate Manager Add-on for their senior project!

I've been using it for a couple months now, and I like it much better
than the old Certificate Manager that ships with Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/certificate-manager/

After you install the add-on, there will be an icon at the top right
corner that looks like a document with a seal on it.

To report issues (or see which issues are already known):
https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues

To these students: Thank you, and congratulations on your upcoming
graduation!

Kathleen

David E. Ross

Feb 13, 2016, 2:09:26 AM2/13/16
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
I downloaded Certificate Manager 1.0.2, used the Extension Converter for
SeaMonkey at <http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/> in an attempt to
make it compatible with SeaMonkey, and installed in SeaMonkey 2.39 on
Windows 7. I did not get the icon you describe.

Until this extension is modified to work not only with SeaMonkey
(without use of the Extension Converter) but also Thunderbird, I would
not recommend it.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Gervase Markham

Feb 16, 2016, 3:10:12 PM2/16/16
On 12/02/16 14:34, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
> Thanks to a group of students at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology for
> creating a Certificate Manager Add-on for their senior project!

This is great - well done :-)

Gerv

Kathleen Wilson

Feb 25, 2016, 7:26:21 PM2/25/16
On 2/12/16 11:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 2/12/2016 1:34 PM, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
>> Thanks to a group of students at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology for
>> creating a Certificate Manager Add-on for their senior project!
>>
>> I've been using it for a couple months now, and I like it much better
>> than the old Certificate Manager that ships with Firefox.
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/certificate-manager/
>>
>> After you install the add-on, there will be an icon at the top right
>> corner that looks like a document with a seal on it.
>>
>> To report issues (or see which issues are already known):
>> https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues
>>
>> To these students: Thank you, and congratulations on your upcoming
>> graduation!
>>
>> Kathleen
>>

> I downloaded Certificate Manager 1.0.2, used the Extension Converter for
> SeaMonkey at <http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/> in an attempt to
> make it compatible with SeaMonkey, and installed in SeaMonkey 2.39 on
> Windows 7. I did not get the icon you describe.
>
> Until this extension is modified to work not only with SeaMonkey
> (without use of the Extension Converter) but also Thunderbird, I would
> not recommend it.

I filed theses issues in the Github project...

Interop with SeaMonkey:
https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues/29

Interop with Thunderbird:
https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues/30

Note that a new group of seniors at Rose-Hulman have signed up to
continue work on this add-on for their senior project. They plan to fix
bugs, add documentation, and continue the effort to get the add-on accepted.

So, please continue to provide constructive feedback for them.

Thanks,
Kathleen

kwi...@mozilla.com

Mar 16, 2016, 4:26:49 PM3/16/16
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:26:21 PM UTC-8, Kathleen Wilson wrote:

> I filed theses issues in the Github project...
>
> Interop with SeaMonkey:
> https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues/29
>
> Interop with Thunderbird:
> https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues/30
>
> Note that a new group of seniors at Rose-Hulman have signed up to
> continue work on this add-on for their senior project. They plan to fix
> bugs, add documentation, and continue the effort to get the add-on accepted.
>
> So, please continue to provide constructive feedback for them.

The new group of Rose-Hulman seniors has begun working on this project. They've begun documenting and polishing it, and are working on fixing the issues that have been reported. So, please continue to try it out and file issues that you notice. (or let me know, and I can file the issues for you)

https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager

As it gets updated, you can view the latest version here:
https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/blob/master/%40certmanager.xpi
Click the "View Raw" link to download the @certmanager.xpi file
Set xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config
Drag @certmanager.xpi file onto the Firefox browser, to install the add-on
Click on the icon in the main bar at the top that looks like a document with a seal on it.
WARNING: Changing trust of the certs via this add-on does indeed change the trust of the certs for your browser.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson

Aug 25, 2016, 6:49:06 PM8/25/16
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
An updated version of the signed Certificate Manager Add-on is available here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/certificate-manager/

The uninstall bug has been fixed.
https://github.com/sidstamm/FirefoxCertificateManager/issues/39

The CA Information that it pulls from the CA Community in Salesforce (e.g. audit data) has been updated to what it was on August 10th.

Kathleen