e10s: don't call it a comeback

Chris Peterson

May 21, 2014, 3:11:27 AM5/21/14
In case you missed Blake Kaplan's announcement at Mozilla's All-Hands
meeting a couple weeks ago, allow me to introduce the expanding e10s
engineering team!

e10s is a priority for Mozilla's engineering management and they are
dedicating more help to make it happen. We've picked up some Firefox
Metro engineers looking for new homes, new engineering manager, a Google
Summer of Code student, and a gfx contractor. So expect to see more
progress and more review requests. :)

Our current team roster (in alphabetical order):

* Ally Naaktgeboren
* Bill McCloskey
* Blake Kaplan
* Brad Lassey, engineering manager
* Chris Peterson, program manager
* David "handyman" Parks, contractor dedicated to e10s gfx issues
* Jim Mathies
* Mike Conley
* Tom "evilpie" Schuster
* Tomislav "zombie" Jovanovic, GSoC student
+ Sid Stamm's team working on sandboxing
+ some new volunteer contributors with first patches :D

You can test e10s in its own window, like Private Browsing, using the
Nightly channel's "File > New e10s Window" menu item.

When reporting e10s bugs, please set the "tracking-e10s" bug flag to "?"
so we will see your bug in our triage meeting!

chris

Mike de Boer

May 21, 2014, 5:48:11 AM5/21/14
to Mozilla dev-platform mailing list mailing list
I _almost_ did a little dance in my room to celebrate this news, it’s such a valuable project for Firefox!

Please sign me up for any find bar related bugs, Tom and I worked on it before anyways.

Go get ‘em and… have fun!

Mike.

Brad Lassey

May 21, 2014, 6:45:36 AM5/21/14
Benoit Jacob has also recently joined the team.

-Brad