Re: Extending the text-overflow/overflow property to support fading out

Jared Wein

May 28, 2013, 5:58:34 PM5/28/13
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
----- Original Message -----

This seems like it would do the job and it wouldn't require us to create a new specification. Can this get on someone's radar to implement support for it?

Thanks,
Jared

Nicholas Cameron

May 28, 2013, 8:34:03 PM5/28/13
It's next on my list, hopefully I'll get to it next week or the week after.

Jared Wein

May 29, 2013, 2:46:25 PM5/29/13
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
> > I'm pretty sure an unconditional mask with a linear gradient on the
> > right-hand-end of the text could be achieved using 'mask-box-image'
> > and
> > slicing appropriately:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/css-masking/#the-mask-box-image.
> > That's not currently implemented in Gecko, but it's worth
> > implementing.
>
> This seems like it would do the job and it wouldn't require us to
> create a new specification. Can this get on someone's radar to
> implement support for it?

I filed bug 877294 for this.

Cheers,
Jared