Announcing MozillaBuild 1.9.0 Release

Ryan VanderMeulen

Apr 3, 2014, 9:44:22 AM4/3/14
to dev.platform
After a long delay and lots of hard work by 7 different contributors, I am pleased to announce the final release of MozillaBuild 1.9.0.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32/MozillaBuildSetup-Latest.exe

There are some pretty significant changes in this release from version 1.8.0:
* Significantly improved support for the Win8.1 SDK and MSVC2013.
* Removes support for < MSVC10 & Windows SDK < v7.
* Adds mozmake, a custom compile of gmake 4.0-43 and the successor to pymake.
* Adds NSIS 3.0a2 and remove version 2.33u.
* Updates Mercurial to version 2.9.1.

Full changelog:
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-build/pushloghtml?fromchange=8be93f0b6ef9&tochange=190992f68fc9

To upgrade:
1. Remove your current installation. If you can't remove the existing
installation, you probably have a terminal open or ssh-agent
running. Terminate it and try again.
2. Install MozillaBuild 1.9.0.
3. Clobber (remove the object directory of) any trees you have. (If you
don't do this, you may get weird build errors).

Please file any problems you come across in mozilla.org::MozillaBuild.

-Ryan

Marco Bonardo

Apr 4, 2014, 10:29:33 AM4/4/14
On 03/04/2014 15:44, Ryan VanderMeulen wrote:> After a long delay and
lots of hard work by 7 different contributors, I am pleased to announce
the final release of MozillaBuild 1.9.0.

Awesome, good job! I was using the pre-release from quite some time on
win8.1 and VS2013, thanks for making it possible.

-m