Intent to unship: rel=preload for firefox 57

Dragana Damjanovic

Oct 12, 2017, 3:43:15 AM10/12/17
to dev-platform
rel=preload currently works only for cacheable resources. For web
compatibility issues like bug Bug 1405761, rel=preload will be disabled on
57.

I intent to land rel=preload for non-cacheable resources as well in next
couple of days. This will be on Firefox 58 and I will turn rel=preload back
on when this lands.

dragana

Chris Mills

Oct 12, 2017, 4:11:31 AM10/12/17
to Dragana Damjanovic, dev-platform

> On 12 Oct 2017, at 08:43, Dragana Damjanovic <ddamj...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> rel=preload currently works only for cacheable resources. For web
> compatibility issues like bug Bug 1405761, rel=preload will be disabled on
> 57.

I’ve updated the MDN docs about preload to make this clear.

> I intent to land rel=preload for non-cacheable resources as well in next
> couple of days. This will be on Firefox 58 and I will turn rel=preload back
> on when this lands.

What’s the bug number to track this work?

thanks,

Chris