Rust bindings to SpiderMonkey on inbound

Nick Fitzgerald

Sep 1, 2017, 7:56:39 PM9/1/17
to dev-tech-js-engine-internals, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-platform
(cc dev-servo, dev-platfrom; reply to js-engine-internals)

Hello everyone!

The Rust bindings to SpiderMonkey that Servo uses just landed in
mozilla-inbound[0]! You can monitor their test results on taskcluster as
the `SM-tc[tier-2](rust)` job.

If any of your patches break these tests, please ping me or Till
Schneidereit and we can get them passing again together.

This marks the beginning of the end of Servo forking SpiderMonkey and
applying custom patches to work around old bindgen bugs. That forking has
been making updating to new SpiderMonkey releases a terrible pain for
Servo. No more!

Thanks to everyone involved in getting this patch series landed!

Nick

[0]
https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=mozilla-inbound&revision=a8ae266cd61eb004d4f74a989e4d9c6d2ceb5b93