Announcing MozillaBuild 1.11.0 Release

Ryan VanderMeulen

Dec 22, 2014, 3:59:09 PM12/22/14
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-builds
I am pleased to announce the final release of MozillaBuild 1.11.0. All
users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible due to the included
Mercurial security fix.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32/MozillaBuildSetup-Latest.exe

Important changes since version 1.10.0:
* Updated Mercurial to version 3.2.3, which includes the fix for
CVE-2014-9390 disclosed last week.
* Updated Python to version 2.7.8. This was previously blocked on the EOL
of esr24. While version 2.7.9 has been released, we aren't comfortable
taking it at this time due to the large-scale changes backported to it.

Full changelog:
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-build/pushloghtml?fromchange=MOZILLABUILD_1_10_0_RELEASE&tochange=MOZILLABUILD_1_11_0_RELEASE
<http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-build/pushloghtml?fromchange=190992f68fc9&tochange=2ef77fefefa5>

To upgrade:
1. Remove your current installation. If you can't remove the existing
installation, you probably have a terminal open or ssh-agent running.
Terminate it and try again.
2. Install MozillaBuild 1.11.0.
3. Clobber (remove the object directory of) any trees you have. (If you
don't do this, you may get weird build errors).

Please file any problems you come across in mozilla.org::MozillaBuild.

-Ryan