APZ on desktop: riding the trains on Gecko 46

Kartikaya Gupta

Dec 30, 2015, 12:39:10 PM12/30/15
to dev-platform
Just a heads up that APZ for desktop, which has been enabled in
Nightly for a few releases now, will be riding the trains on Gecko 46.
There are still a few open blockers hanging off bug 1178298 but we
expect to have them fixed shortly.

APZ being enabled is still conditional at runtime on e10s being
enabled. Since e10s is planned to roll out progressively in 45 and 46
we don't plan to support APZ without e10s. APZ will be enabled for
wheel input on Windows, Linux, and OS X, and also for trackpad
scrolling on OS X. In future releases we plan to expand this support
to other input methods including touch, keyboard, and scrollbar
dragging.

Cheers,
kats